[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

It takes Eko an hour to get across, but once he does everyone is safely across and Im assuming is continuing up the coast to the meeting point.

You travel for another five hours north. Much of the day passes and by early evening you spot the meeting point.

The island shoreline arcs to the northwest until it hooks sharply south like a bird’s beak to form a small cape. Anchored offshore is the Peregrine. Pulled up on the shore is a ship’s boat, evidence of a landing party.

Ramona accompanied by two soldiers are waiting on the beach as soon as Ramona spots the party she appears tired, but happy to see you. "You’re here, that’s a relief. We had some... unexpected problems. I’ll tell you about it, but first I’d like to hear your report on the colony. What did you discover?”

It seems we both have lots of trouble. Very well, I'll go first. The village was attacked by unknown means. Possibly magical. We found some documents, but the more recent entries are missing. Everyone seems to have just up and left, which is why I think magic was involved. Some creatures attacked us as soon as we headed toward the shore. I have their spears if you would like to see.

The village itself is mostly complete. Some repairs are needed. We found a fair amount of food and some farm land. The rotted food can be used to plant a new crow, as I understand it. Guards should be nearby when people go to the farm. Some strange creatures attacked us when we gather some extra food from there.

A few monkey goblins tried to claim the blacksmith for themselves. We ran them off. As a sign of good will, we let one of the injured leave as soon as he was ready.

There is some kind of haunt in the church.

Some weird creature went down a well in the southern part of the village. We covered the well with a table.

There is a canoe in the water near the docks. A fey creature is living there. He told us about a survivor. We were heading off to look for that survivor now.

Did I miss anything important guys?

Don't forget about the zombie and headcrab that nearly killed one of us on the way here!

Ramona keeps a stoic face, but her voice becomes more grave. Are there any tools or equipment still there? Having Fey nearby is concerning, but once we complete our defense's the Monkey Goblin's shouldn't be a problem. Still you did good work clearing away dangerous creatures, making it safe for us. We aren't equipped to found a new settlement. So its a good thing you found some food, seed, and shelter; otherwise... well I don't want to think about it, we don't have enough supplies to get all of us back to Andoran either, so we must disembark at Talmandor's Bounty. That is if the ship can actually get there.

Something strange is occuring, we sailed the Peregrine here without incident, but when the ship approached this cape its momentum dropped to a snails pace, despite the fact that the sails were full of wind. The anchor wasn't lowered, and we aren't dragging the keel through a sandbar. We even sent a sailor to swim underneath, and he did not report seeing any giant monster holding us back.

Now everybody is on edge, half the colonists are starting to believe this expedition is cursed. There's even started to be talk of mutiny, and forcing the Peregrine to sail back to Andoran. Those who lived through the mutiny would face starving to death as the rations run out. You have shown yourselves to be capable and intelligent. If you would act as my troubleshooters, taking care of issues like these as they arise, I would give you first choice of housing or land in the village. We even have a few carpenters that could build you a house of your own design.

Reminder: The Fey did tell you the survivor's name was Raila, and the ring you found on the Zombie was engraved "Raila Lyonhart". He also said she had a nice hat that he wished all Humanoids would wear.

Wait a minute........

Aw crap, we did find the survivor. That stupid fey. I should unsink that canoe for that joke of his.

I did comment on that in shoutbox.. XD

1. Friday at 9:02 PM - VintagePC:
    womp womp
  2. Friday at 9:02 PM - VintagePC:
    guess we found her

Ramona: The ship moves, just very slowly, including turning. Please I must have answer. Will you act as a sort of town council, assisting me with the bigger issues that plague the colony?

We're all in this together, and we'll need to be united until we know what is out there, so we'll be happy to do what we can.

With your consent obtained, Ramona shows a brief glimpse of relief, before returning to her usual stoic expression. I guess there is nothing left to do here, we should return to the ship. The sailor's take a couple trips returning everyone to the Peregrine.

So ends 1.1 The Vanished, join me for 1.2 Settlement Amid The Strange.

Everybody can level up to level 2. You don't quite have enough XP, but you will die in combat without being level 2 for what lies ahead, so level up.

Last edited:

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6347 Online 429 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom