[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko wanders after Maura
     
  2. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    That fey only said that the survivor was in a crowded area, not if it is safe. Could be nothing, could be that the area will be hostile to us. Lets finish searching the area, then head over that way.
     
  3. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost will finish a wide circuit and alight next to the group, sharing what he’s seen from his survey.

    We should go to the survivor. We should perpare, it seems we may find more trouble beyond the bay
     
  4. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    What's the approximate time?

    Should we prepare the building today and set out at first light? Or do we think that we could get it done before dark? I don't know that I want to spend the night away from shelter.
     
  5. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    You set off from the ship at noon, and around an hour has passed. Since the date is Arodus (august) the 1st you have enough daylight to make it there and back to Talmandor's Bounty, according to your map. That is only if you are quick, if anything holds you up for any length of time you won't make it back before night.

    Maura, stepping inside the building: Through the main doors is a foyer, opening to a large chamber that occupies most of the main floor. This room is open to the second floor, and two flights of stairs lead to a gallery that overlooks this space, supported by columns on the main level. At the rear of the chamber against the east wall is a raised desk, like a podium. Tables and chairs are arrayed in front of it like a courtroom. The gallery above has simple wooden chairs so that citizens can observe whatever business is conducted here. Doors at the north and south ends of the main floor lead to what appears to be separate offices.

    Alkonost, please update your character on the map in roll20 as well, he's still showing as back by the water. For those of you new to me as a GM, I should probably mention that I avoid using fog as much as possible. Instead I do things like place the roof of a building over the map of the building, and remove the roof when you enter the building (which I have done for the Government building Maura walked inside). Also by making my own maps, there are no throw away objects on the ground. If something can be seen, it is on the map, and if its on the map you can interact with it.
     
  6. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Going after Raila should be high on our list, but rushing there right now will likely hurt us. We don't know what dangers await us. Hopefully, there are logs in these buildings about what we can expect. Worst case, we can establish a safe location for our investigation for the 3 days after we go find Raila. If most of you still want to go for the survivor, then I will go with you.

    I think we need to decide on that together before doing anything else.
     
  7. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko repeats his offer to channel energy to those that took some damage in the last fight
     
  8. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Oh, Eko! That'd be great!
     
  9. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Once everyone down HP is within 30 feet Eko channels positive.

    !roll 1d6 #healing
     
  10. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    healing: 1

    For: VintagePC Re: #129
     
  11. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    You're right, we should clear the buildings of danger first. The colonists may not be safe on the water overnight if Brinetooth sees us as enemies. The survivor isn't going anywhere and may even come to Talmandor's Bounty at signs of others. I also saw something interesting south of here (BA-BJ, 73-80).
     
  12. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    !roll 1d6 #gm roll for channel, everyone taking (since the first roll was 1)
     
  13. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    gm roll for channel, everyone taking (since the first roll was 1): 2

    For: Statboy Re: #131
     
  14. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+6 #Perception to search the building

    I guess I'll go in first to have a look around.

    Variel says as she enters the building.
     
  15. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception to search the building: 19

    For: Srekcins Re: #132
     
  16. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura assists by trying to search the top right office.

    !roll 1d20 #Perception in top right office
     
  17. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception in top right office: 20

    For: theLumberJack Re: #133
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel Perception: A thin layer of dust covers the tables and floor, indicating that this building hasn't been used recently. The table on the dais appears expertly made from a single piece of wood.

    Maura Perception: The office is unlocked, on the simple wooden table that serves as a desk you find writing equipment (stationary, ink, and quills). In the corner of the office is a wooden coffer, as you examine it you see that it appears locked.
     
  19. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost will take a cue from Maura and head to the office to the south and perceive.

    !roll 1d20+7 #perception southern office
     
  20. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception southern office: 11

    For: Alkonost Re: #135
     
  21. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Alkonost Perception: This office is also unlocked, it also has a table that serves as a desk, with a chair pulled up. You find writing as well, though many of the inks are different colors, with different size quills. This indicates that a map maker used this table. Though you find no maps in the office.
     
  22. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Maps were made in this room, though there's nothing of use in here now.

    Seeing Variel and Maura thoroughly combing the large building, Alkonost feels his tenuous literacy makes him less of an asset in the search of offices.

    I'll start checking other buildings for danger with the other two.

    He heads to the entrance of the building @ (CL, 53) and enters

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  23. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception[/COLOR]: 14 = [7] + 7

    For: Alkonost Re: #137
     
  24. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Since you guys seems to have downstairs covered, I'll start with the upstairs area. If you find anything locked, I have a crowbar that can help.

    Kiryu heads up the stairs to take a look around.

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  25. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 9 = [2] + 7

    For: Kiryu Re: #138
     
  26. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko will head up the other stairwell to poke around

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  27. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 8 = [1] + 7

    For: VintagePC Re: #139
     
  28. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Alkonost: The name “Arkley” is carved into a wooden sign nailed next to the door frame of this log cabin. A single, closed door faces northwest, and the structure has two wooden-shuttered windows. The architecture is otherwise the same as many of the other buildings. You remember the name Rayland Arkley (Knowledge Local, to remember the context surrounding the name). The door to the house is not latched. The interior is relatively neat and tidy containing plain, modest furniture. Though you also spot such amenities as a wall rack for holding weapons and armor.

    Eko & Kiryu: The second floor contains the gallery for a crowd to observe the happenings of the first floor. Having looked across both floors you notice, that all the windows have been shuttered and secured, with the front door having not been locked, it appears this building was last used as shelter during a storm.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice