[Story Progression] 1.1: The Vanished

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Jun 27, 2020.

  1. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Since y'all are finishing off this one, I'll move to the next building.

    !roll 1d20+6 #Perception to search the other building
     
  2. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Nothing up here. Looks like this place was last used during a storm of some kind. It bugs me a little that these door are all unlocked, yet everything else is sealed up.

    Kiryu will head north to the next door, hoping the next building will shed some light on this mystery.

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  3. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 26 = [19] + 7

    For: Kiryu Re: #142
     
  4. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost will survey the room (including weapon/armor rack, for anything useful) before approaching the closed door (CO, 55), open it + take a look inside

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  5. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 15 = [8] + 7

    For: Alkonost Re: #143
     
  6. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura steps back to the door and takes a deep breath through her nose, savoring the fresh air.
     
  7. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Alkonost: Inside the bedroom is a large unlocked chest at the foot of a wooden pallet bed. A boot rack is against the wall of this bedroom as well. Searching the area you find a silver pocket-watch and a traveling spell book tucked under the mattress. The weapon and armor rack stand empty. The silver pocket-watch has writing on it in a language you cannot read. The spell book is likewise unreadable (without the read magic cantrip), though inside the spellbook is a spell component pouch attached with a brass ring.

    Kiryu & Variel: These two long, rectangular buildings are constructed entirely from planks on a wooden frame, with a pitched thatched roof. Each building has two door frames on the side of the buildings opposite the palisade, but lacks doors. Four window frames open into either side of the long walls, a few of which have no cover and others only a canvas draped across the inside. A partial view of the interior is possible from the doorways. Inside, the floors are hard-packed earth, and along the walls are wooden bunk beds. Many of the pallet beds are covered with blankets that now gather dust. Those beds have sacks or tied bundles of clothes sitting at their feet. As you search the bundles you find some clothes and blankets, as well as some mundane gear such as shovels and spades.
     
  8. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost will gather the items, taking time to remember their original locations to return them later. He’s not interested in looting, but thinks these items may hold some significance to someone with the intelligence or occult sensitivities to examine them thoroughly. Alkonost will leave the cabin and head back to the main square and offer the items to the party:

    I found these things in a bedroom in that cabin over there. The plate reads 'Arkley.' Perhaps they may help one of you solve this mystery, I'm better used clearing cabins, if anyone would like to join me.

    He heads south east again, to (BX, 66)
     
  9. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura joins Alkonost and leafs through the spell book with read magic.
     
  10. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will cast Detect Magic in the area he is searching.
     
  11. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Maura: The book contains the following spells, which can be copied by anyone who can use a Wizards spellbook
    Cantrips: Arcane Mark, Detect Magic, Disrupt Undead, Jolt
    1st lvl: Snowball, Monkeyfish
    2nd lvl: Aboleths Lung, Protection from Evil (communal)

    you also find the name "Hendrake" inscribed on the front cover with an arcane mark. Knowledge local check to see if you know anything about the name, though you don't recall having heard the name offhand.

    Kiryu: You don't detect any magical aura's in the building.
     
  12. Alkonost

    Alkonost Not a Noob

    Alkonost peers over at Maura busy deciphering the tome they found in the other cabin,

    Does it seem useful? I couldn't understand the words inside.

    He'll head inside and bounce another perception (c'mon >10)

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  13. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 24 = [17] + 7

    For: Alkonost Re: #150
     
  14. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Nothing here, sadly. On to the next one.

    Kiryu moves to the next building to the north west. He will search that building and cast Detect Magic while there.

    !roll 1d20+7? #perception
     
  15. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    perception: 15 = [8] + 7

    For: Kiryu Re: #151
     
  16. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    It's a wizard's spellbook. Which isn't useful in itself, but there's a name. Have you heard of Hendrake? The name doesn't mean anything to me.
     
  17. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko wanders south towards Maura and will help search the next building.

    !roll 1d20+7? #Percept
     
  18. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Percept: 27 = [20] + 7

    For: VintagePC Re: #153
     
  19. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Alkonost and Eko: This long, rectangular building appears to be a home, though larger than many beyond the palisade to the south. It has three
    windows, all covered with wooden shutters, and a single door facing northwest, which is unbarred and slightly ajar. Simple wooden furniture is in disarray throughout this residence. Tables and chairs are knocked over and pushed aside, though none appear willfully broken. Articles of clothing and household items are scattered across the floor as if they were examined briefly and discarded. A large pallet bed is visible in a separate room through an open interior door. A third room with no windows is next to the bedroom but is completely empty. You find a trail leading from the front door away from the building, as if something was rolled away.


    Kiryu: You detect at least two magical aura's emanating from a bag at the NW end of the building. As you approach something from underneath the bunk bed bites you.

    !roll 1d20+4 #Bite on Kiryu (vs flat footed)
    !roll 2d4+1 #Bite damage
     
  20. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Bite on Kiryu (vs flat footed): 15

    Bite damage: 8

    For: Statboy Re: #154
     
  21. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    What's the roll to ID the item that was rolled away and/or follow the tracks?
     
  22. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The rest of the party hears a shout as Kiryu is bitten in the leg. The creature is underneath the bunk bed and has partial cover (+2 ac) unless you drop prone to attack (-4 to attack and -4 ac from melee).
    The turn order is:
    Maura
    Eko
    Variel
    Alkonost
    Kiryu
    Ankheg Nymph
     
  23. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    (Rolled 18 in R20 for Survival after combat.)
     
  24. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura runs toward the scream. BV47
     
  25. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Ditto. BX66->CF54
     
  26. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+6? #perception

    If Variel hears the scream, she'll move towards the scream to investigate (30ft straight to the left) . Otherwise, she'll continue searching more of the building she's in.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice