[Encounter] 1.2 Combat thread

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Oct 16, 2020.

  1. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Turn Order
    Kiryu 18
    Fish 15
    Maura 14
    Eko 12
    Variel 8

    !roll 1d20+5? #Tail Slap vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d4+1? #Dmg vs Kiryu

    Kiryu is up
     
  2. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Tail Slap vs Kiryu: 9 = [4] + 5

    Dmg vs Kiryu: 3 = [2] + 1

    For: Statboy Re: #1
     
  3. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Drawing my morning star


    !roll 1d20+5? #Morningstar
    !roll 1d6+2? #Dmg
     
  4. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Morningstar: 22 = [17] + 5

    Dmg: 7 = [5] + 2

    For: Kiryu Re: #2
     
  5. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    As a reminder, if you do not have a natural swim spd, you do need to make a swim check when attacking underwater. Failing the check gives you a -2 to hit. You also get a -2 if you are using a bludgeoning or slashing weapon, and only deal half damage. You also use two rnds of holding your breath.
     
  6. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Even with -4 Kiryu would still hit the fish. The fish will take an AoO from your draw action. As well as take another tail slap at you on its turn. Maura is up

    !roll 1d20+5? #AoO Tail Slap vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d4+1? #Dmg vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d20+5? #Tail Slap vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d4+1? #Dmg vs Kiryu
     
  7. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    AoO Tail Slap vs Kiryu: 24 = [19] + 5

    Dmg vs Kiryu: 2 = [1] + 1

    Tail Slap vs Kiryu: 22 = [17] + 5

    Dmg vs Kiryu: 2 = [1] + 1

    For: Statboy Re: #4
     
  8. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will look for any suggestion that there is a combat going on.
    Eko do you see them?

    !roll 1d20 #Perception
     
  9. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 15

    For: theLumberJack Re: #5
     
  10. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    You will notice the rope line jostling more
     
  11. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    In that case Maura jump over the side and then draw her light mace.
     
  12. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    As Maura jumps, Eko shouts -

    "Shout if I need to pull Kiryu to safety!"

    Can I sneak that in before she jumps in the hopes of getting a reply on what is now my turn?

    If so, great - I'll react accordingly on my turn. (and follow up with a different action if there's no shout)

    If the GM says no, I'll ready an action to yank the rope and pull Kiryu to safety if Maura shouts that I should.
     
  13. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will swim next to Kiryu and attempt to grapple the fish since she left all her gear on the boat.

    !roll 1d20+1 #CMB
     
  14. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    CMB: 5

    For: Srekcins Re: #9
     
  15. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: You do not grapple the Fish, you do provoke an AoO, but he's already used his this round.

    Back to Kiryu who is a little injured having taken 4 damage last round.
     
  16. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Going to swing at him again.


    !roll 1d20+7? #Swim Check
    !roll 1d20+5? #Morningstar
    !roll 1d6+2? #Dmg
     
  17. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Swim Check: 14 = [7] + 7

    Morningstar: 13 = [8] + 5

    Dmg: 4 = [2] + 2

    For: Kiryu Re: #11
     
  18. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: You failed to grapple the fish
    Kiryu: You fail your swim check, and the resulting -4 makes you miss the fish. Your hold breath is down to 18

    Fish will tail slap back at Variel who tried to grab it. Maura is up

    !roll 1d20+5? #Tail Slap vs Variel
    !roll 1d4+1? #Dmg vs Variel
     
  19. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Tail Slap vs Variel: 8 = [3] + 5

    Dmg vs Variel: 5 = [4] + 1

    For: Statboy Re: #12
     
  20. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will swim to the fish and try to hit it.

    !roll 1d20 #Attack
    !roll 1d6-1 #Damage

    EDIT: I have 30 ft swim speed.
     
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  21. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Attack: 19

    Damage: 2

    For: theLumberJack Re: #13
     
  22. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    I'm assuming we tossed the rope over the right side of the ship.
    Eko moves to the edge of the ship (20') where he can see the water churning from the fight below.

    He makes sure the end of the rope is secured so it cannot slip overboard but there is still enough slack that it will not hamper combat for Kiryu.
    He then proceeds to use his prepared "Summon Monster" to summon a dolphin in the water (As close to the action as possible, (visibility permitting and max range 30') and have it attack the enemy.

     
  23. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko: Rope was tossed over the east side of the boat. You cant really see water churning since the fight is beneath the boat pretty much in the center. Since you're on a boat there are many places along the railing designed to secure ropes. Do you want 5 ft of slack, or 20, I need a number here. I will place a dolphin in the water, its a full rnd to cast you can direct it to attack on your next turn.

    Maura: You hit for half damage

    Variel is up
     
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2020
  24. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    I'd basically envisioned tying off the end of the rope and leaving the rest coiled up on deck next to me within reach, if that's allowable.

    So Kiryu should have whatever range of motion the full length of rope allows; just looking to avoid having to grab the rope and yank 50 feet of slack before it has any effect.

    If you still need a hard number I'll say 15 feet of slack.
     
  25. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    I don't know how drinking a potion underwater works, but that's what Variel will do this round. I believe that's a move action that provokes since she was carrying it in her hand. If that's the case, then Variel will try to grab the fish again. If it's a standard action, then that's her turn.

    !roll 1d20+1 #CMB
     
  26. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    CMB: 20

    For: Srekcins Re: #17
     
  27. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko: If your tying up the end then he has 20ft of slack
    Variel: Yes that will provoke an AoO; You do successfully grapple the fish
    Kiryu is up

    !roll 1d20+5? #AoO vs Variel
    !roll 1d4+1? #Dmg vs Variel
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  28. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    AoO vs Variel: 20 = [15] + 5

    Dmg vs Variel: 2 = [1] + 1

    For: Statboy Re: #18
     
  29. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu draws his dagger and swings.

    !roll 1d20+7? #Swim check
    !roll 1d20+4? #Dagger
    !roll 1d3+2? #Dmg
     
  30. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Swim check: 9 = [2] + 7

    Dagger: 20 = [16] + 4

    Dmg: 5 = [3] + 2

    For: Kiryu Re: #19
     
  31. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: You do hit the fish and do full damage, you drop to 16 rnds of breath remaining (remember since your in combat you use 2 rnds instead of 1 at a time).

    The fish who is being grappled by Variel will let go of the ship and attempt to attach its sucker to Variel. It will also try to slap Variel with its tail.

    !roll 1d20+5? #vs Touch to attach to Variel
    !roll 1d20+0? #Tail Slap vs Variel
    !roll 1d4? #Tail Slap Dmg vs Variel
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice