[Encounter] 1.2 Combat thread

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Oct 16, 2020.

  1. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    attack: 18

    damage: 4

    bolt recovery: 1

    For: VintagePC Re: #80
     
  2. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko successfully plinks the Grindylow. Kiryu is up
     
  3. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will swim north(double move)

    !roll 1d20+7? #Swim check
     
  4. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Swim check: 8 = [1] + 7

    For: Kiryu Re: #82
     
  5. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The next two Grindylow's also duck behind boulders, breaking line of sight.

    Kiryu: From your movement you can see behind one of the boulders, and see a Grindylow grabbing another spear.

    Maura is up
     
  6. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura swims to Y23 and readies an action to shoot a Grindylow if it moves into AB25
     
  7. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The Grindylow in the northern passage, having been shot by Eko, will retreat further up. The next two Grindylows come around the boulders and stab at Kiryu. Variel's turn

    !roll 1d20+2? #Spear 1 vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d6+1 #Dmg 1 vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d20+2+2? #Spear 2 (with flanking) vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d6+1 #Dmg 2 vs Kiryu
     
  8. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Spear 1 vs Kiryu: 8 = [6] + 2

    Dmg 1 vs Kiryu: 6

    Spear 2 (with flanking) vs Kiryu: 21 = [17] + 2 + 2

    Dmg 2 vs Kiryu: 3

    For: Statboy Re: #85
     
  9. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel swims 30ft around the boulder to flank one of the enemies flanking Kiryu to attack.

    !roll 1d20+7 #flank attack
    !roll 1d6 #damage
     
  10. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    flank attack: 19

    damage: 1

    For: Srekcins Re: #86
     
  11. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel: You provoke an AoO from a Grindylow that was behind that boulder. You also hit the Grindylow you and Kiryu are facing. It is also now the Grindylows turn, that AoO'd you, and he will move up behind you and flank. Eko and Kiryu are next.

    !roll 1d20+2? #Spear AoO vs Variel
    !roll 1d6+1 #Dmg AoO vs Variel
    !roll 1d20+2+2? #Spear (with flanking) vs Variel
    !roll 1d6+1 #Dmg vs Variel
     
  12. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Spear AoO vs Variel: 11 = [9] + 2

    Dmg AoO vs Variel: 3

    Spear (with flanking) vs Variel: 15 = [11] + 2 + 2

    Dmg vs Variel: 6

    For: Statboy Re: #87
     
  13. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel taking another hit, collapses down to the water. Variel has water breathing, but I will note that I am considering everyone to have diver's reflex (which we all have IRL). So if you go unconscious underwater you begin to hold your breath automatically. I have found no rules that address this specifically, so we will use real life.
     
  14. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Since nobody else has gone yet, Variel will attempt to parry the strike that hit her, using a panache point.

    !roll 1d20+5? #parry
     
  15. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    parry: 8 = [3] + 5

    For: Srekcins Re: #89
     
  16. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    And is unsuccessful.
     
  17. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester TF2L developer

    Eko double moves 40ft next to Maura, puts away his crossbow and draws his trident.
     
  18. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu attacks the injured creature


    !roll 1d20+4? #Spear
    !roll 1d6+3 #Dmg
     
  19. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Spear: 10 = [6] + 4

    Dmg: 8

    For: Kiryu Re: #92
     
  20. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko: Putting away your crossbow properly is a move action. Dropping it is a free one though.
    Kiryu: You will miss

    The next two Grindylows will come from behind the boulders, one will attack Kiryu with Flanking, the other just moves to join his buddies. Maura is up next. Variel, you can attempt your CON save anytime after Maura plays (in case he heals you).

    !roll 1d20+2+2? #Spear (with flanking) vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d6+1 #Dmg vs Kiryu
     
  21. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Spear (with flanking) vs Kiryu: 23 = [19] + 2 + 2

    Dmg vs Kiryu: 7

    For: Statboy Re: #93
     
  22. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will shoot at the Grindylow between Varial and Kiryu.

    !roll 1d20 #Attack -4 for melee
    !roll 1d10 #Damage
     
  23. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Attack -4 for melee: 10

    Damage: 3

    For: theLumberJack Re: #94
     
  24. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+1 #con
     
  25. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    con: 18

    For: Srekcins Re: #95
     
  26. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Variel saves and is no longer dying. The next the Grindylow in the northern passage has disappeared and is no longer in the fight. The next grindylow will attack Kiryu, its a full rnd attack which includes using its tentacles to attempt to trip Kiryu. Then 2 more will move to flank Eko and stab. If Kiryu survives the first attack, he can AoO, the second Grindylow moving to attack Eko.

    !roll 1d20+2+2? #spear vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d6+1 #dmg vs Kiryu
    !roll 1d20+4? #Tangling Tentacles trip vs Kiryu CMD
    !roll 1d20+2? #spear 1 vs Eko
    !roll 1d6+1 #dmg 1 vs Eko
    !roll 1d20+2+2? #spear 2 vs Eko
    !roll 1d6+1 #dmg 2 vs Eko
     
  27. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    spear vs Kiryu: 17 = [13] + 2 + 2

    dmg vs Kiryu: 5

    Tangling Tentacles trip vs Kiryu CMD: 16 = [12] + 4

    spear 1 vs Eko: 10 = [8] + 2

    dmg 1 vs Eko: 3

    spear 2 vs Eko: 17 = [13] + 2 + 2

    dmg 2 vs Eko: 5

    For: Statboy Re: #96
     
  28. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu is unconscious, and Eko gets hit once. Eko and Kiryu are up
     
  29. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    !roll 1d20+1 #con
     
  30. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    con: 2

    For: Srekcins Re: #98
     
  31. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester TF2L developer

    Eko channels positive (SA, does not provoke).

    #roll 1d6 #healing

    and then moves 20ft.
     
  32. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester TF2L developer

    derp

    !roll 1d6
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice