[Story Progression] 1.2 Settlement Amid The Strange

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Oct 5, 2020.

  1. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The night will pass by quietly, come the next morning everybody except for Antona and Carethet can be found grabbing a small breakfast. As you guys gather, where ever you would like to gather to discuss how to handle the ship not moving. One sailor did swim under the ship to look for large creatures and found nothing.
     
  2. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko will do three rounds of his detect magic cantrip to see if the problem is magical in origin.

    I'm guessing I may have to call out specific things here since the ship is fairly large, but I'll do so on the main parts involved in steering/moving the ship (sails, wheel, rudder, anchor) and some overboard into the water to see if it's just a magical force holding us.
     
  3. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    If some can hold one end of a rope, I can tie myself to the other end. We can then go around the side of the boat while I use Detect Magic to see if there is magic in the water around the board. Just make sure to pull me up if something shows up.
     
  4. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura will node at Kiryu and offer to help hold the rope.

    I don't think I can hold you by myself, but I'll help!
     
  5. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko will assist with the keel hauling rope shenanigans
     
  6. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Eko: Detects plenty of magic, from the Bard, the Alchemist, the Ranger, etc. But nothing from the parts of the ship you listed that you were checking.

    Kiryu: I'm seeing a -6 for your ACP+Encumbrance penalty. It looks like -4 ACP and 0 from Light Encumbrance (I'm assuming you leave the backpack aboard the ship before you swim). What should that be for your swim check? Also I do not count currency against your carry weight that is excessively cruel imo. The water is a little choppy, so if you can get your swim to +5 you can take 10 when not in danger.

    edit* make that -3 from ACP, once I noticed your armor was masterwork
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    yes, I would be leaving the bags behind. I wanted to make sure we had a plan before changing things.

    Swim is +7 without the bags and with the armor. Character sheet has been adjusted.
     
  8. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    I'll go down with you, so you aren't alone.

    Variel sets her gear down and takes off her armor. Then, she'll take a minute to make an extract of Shield while the rope is being prepared.

    Okay, I'm ready when you are.
     
  9. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Go ahead and place place yourselves in the water, wherever you are dropping in, and draw me lines for which way you swim, and an arrow whenever you cast detect magic.
     
  10. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Once Kiryu is in the water, he will cast Detect Magic in each direction. If it matters, the order will be North, East, South, West.
     
  11. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will just follow Kiryu and keep an eye out for anything mundane.

    !roll 1d20+7 #Perception
     
  12. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 12

    For: Srekcins Re: #31
     
  13. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: You have held your breath for 4 rnds you have 20/24 rnds remaining by my calculation. You do detect two magical aura's, one on your West casting, and one on your South.

    Variel: Aquetic elf breaths through gills and laughs and silly air breathers. You do not see anything with your perception. Though the water is quite clear. You can tell that water depth here is about 100 ft.

    A couple notes:
    1st)I have an AoE Overlays tab in Roll20. It is filled with cones and areas you can drop and rotate to get a visual representation of where your spells are being cast.
    2nd) I've added the in game date to the top of the map page since season's and weather will come into play. I keep trying to get a calendar script running but so far they don't work, or are worse than just writing the date on the page. You guys set off mid June, and arrived August 1st.
     
  14. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    I’ll head to the surface and call out to the group still on the boat.

    There is some magic at work towards the West and towards the South. Do you guys care which one we check out first?
     
  15. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    I think the south!
     
  16. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko nods and moves south with Maura so the rope remains slightly slack and gives Kiryu room to move.
     
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Make sure you guys are updating your location on the map
     
  18. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will swim south(15ft) and cast Detect Magic again. This time, holding it for 3 rounds.

    !roll 1d20+8 #Knowledge Arcana
     
  19. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Knowledge Arcana: 14

    For: Kiryu Re: #37
     
  20. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Since we aren't under that at the moment, Variel will take 10 on a perception for a 17 to keep looking around.
     
  21. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: You do not detect any magical auras

    Variel: You do not see anything
     
  22. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will wave at Variel, then point north.

    casting Detect Magic towards the north and holding it for 3 rounds.

    !roll 1d20+8 #Knowledge Arcana
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice