[Story Progression] 1.2 Settlement Amid The Strange

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Oct 5, 2020.

1. VaultBot

VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

Knowledge Arcana: 26

For: Kiryu Re: #40

2. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Kiryu: you have used 6 rnds of holding your breath. You do detect a faint universal aura to the north underneath the ship (when i get off of work i will put an X on the map were you locate it.

3. Srekcins

Srekcins Well-Known Member

Variel will look that direction, taking another 17.

4. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Eko peers over the side, wondering what's so interesting down there.

5. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

The X is up
    Variel: You don't see anything with your perception

6. Kiryu

Kiryu Well-Known Member

Kiryu will head up to the surface.

I found the source closer to the front of the boat. I will head that way now.

Kiryu will swim towards the location marked. He will head under the water when he gets close to the point marked on the map.

7. theLumberJack

theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

Eko hold the line, I'm going to keep an eye out off the port side.

8. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

:singing//It's not in the way that you hold me// --- Eko looks around waiting for the rest of Toto to appear.

Eko nods curtly and adjusts his grip on the rope, wary for any sign of danger.

• It's a trap! It's a trap! x 1
  9. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Variel: I continued you with Kiryu and taking 10 on perceptions, you still do not see anything, until a fish slaps Kiryu

Kiryu: You need 2 rnds of swimming to get there (22/24 for holding breath). Once you reach the point of the magical aura underneath the boat. You find a slim colorful fish with a sucker above its mouth and a row of spines down its back, that is attached to the boat. As soon as you get close enough to see it, it slaps you with its tail.

In order to clean up the forum a little I am separating Combat to a different thread. The Fish uses its goods stealth to get a surprise round and tail slap Kiryu, then the order is

Kiryu 18
    Fish 15
    Maura 14
    Eko 12
    Variel 8

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

The odd fish with the sucker and row and spines is beaten, but not without extracting a small toll on the party. What would the party like to do next?

11. Srekcins

Variel pulls the fish sucker off and proceeds to haul it up to the surface.

Anyone know how to cook this thing? I wouldn't want to throw away something that could be eaten.

12. VintagePC

More importantly, can the ship move normally now?

Once we make sure the fish really is dead, Eko will channel positive for the injured party members. (first one of the day)

!roll 1d6 #healing

13. VaultBot

healing[/I]: 3

For: VintagePC Re: #51

14. Kiryu

Kiryu Well-Known Member

Kiryu will put away his weapons and head back to the surface.

I bet I can cook that thing, after we figure out what it is and if there are more of them around. Actually.....

Kiryu will cast Detect Magic on the fish.

15. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Variel: Its a Knowledge Arcana to learn about the fish

Eko: You run down to the hold in the bottom of the ship to get everyone in range of your Channel. You would notice that the ship is at full sail with a good wind going, and still not moving.

Kiryu: The fish is dead, and no longer has a magical aura

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. VintagePC

Anyone good at spellcraft that might know what was magical about it? The ship still doesn't seem to want to move normally despite fixing that particular problem.

I'll roll one but my +0 coupled with having to go purely off description rather than having seen the aura in person does not bode well...

!roll 1d20 #spellcraft

17. VaultBot

spellcraft: 16

For: VintagePC Re: #54

18. Srekcins

!roll 1d20+1d6+8 #Arcana for the fish

19. VaultBot

Arcana for the fish: 32

For: Srekcins Re: #55

20. Kiryu

Kiryu Well-Known Member

Kiryu is trying to determine if he has heard of any magical creatures like this fish.

!roll 1d20+8 #Knowledge Arcana

21. VaultBot

Knowledge Arcana: 11

For: Kiryu Re: #56

22. Kiryu

Kiryu Well-Known Member

I suspect that there are more of these creatures. I did detect 2 sources of magic.

23. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Variel: You got the highest Arcana roll. You know this fish is a Magical Beast called an Echeneis. You know that this fish feeds on the velocity of large moving objects, including Boats, Whales, and Sharks. Grindylows are known to keep these as pets, using them to harass or help bring down larger prey.

24. theLumberJack

theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

Maura follows the party.

Should we check out the other aura you mentioned?

25. VintagePC

Would you like another channel to top up your HP before we go (potentially) face another one?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice