[Story Progression] 1.2 Settlement Amid The Strange

I’ll need to switch out my weapons. My Morningstar was less effective than I like. I do still have those spears. I’m ok with my health right now.

We should get the crew ready. If there are more than a few of these things, we may need help.

Kiryu will go get the spears from his bag and leave the morningstar behind.

And I'd like to grab my rapier, while we're at it. It's much more effective than my hands.

Variel will retrieve her rapier and hop back in the water.

Kiryu will go find the captain.

Hey captain, we found a fish that is the source of the problem. You might want to get some people on guard as a precaution.

Captain Markosi: looks at the Echeneis and spits on the ground "Grindylow's, you mark my words. I've only told Ramona this, but my sailor that went below the boat to look for anything large. Well he didn't find the Echeneis, but he did see two Grindylows swimming away. They swam towards an opening in the cliff a hundred yards north of us. Well, there's probably more than one down there seeing as how we aren't moving yet."

I'm going to head back down and check out the back of the ship. Captain, please keep an eye out up here.

Kiryu heads back into the water.

Captain Markosi: Will nod in agreement

As a note about your weapons, my interpretation of the aquatic rules is that you always take the worst of your weapon. So in the case of your Bludgeoning AND Piercing weapon, it had bludgeoning so it got the -2. A dagger being Slashing OR Piercing, means it only has one at a time, meaning when you do Piercing, it doesn't have Slashing and doesn't get the -2

Kiryu: You do detect magic. I'm going to assume you hold it for 3 rounds to pinpoint its location. I've marked it on the map, it is another faint universal aura.

Eko's back on lifeline duty, I guess :p

Variel will look around some more, realizing that passively looking wasn't cutting it.

!roll 1d20+7? #Perception

[trigger]Perception: 20 = [13] + 7[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Srekcins Re: #72[/trigger]

Variel: That is good enough to spot that it is another Echeneis attached to the ship (taking 10 you missed the perception check by 1 each time).

Kiryu will head to the surface and point out the location of the creature to anyone nearby.

Lets surround that thing and bring it down fast. I'm still concerned that we will be ambushed. I'll try to come at it from the south.

Kiryu will then swim towards the creature with the spear ready.(I've drawn the path, should take 2 rounds to get there.)

Eko leaves his non-water-safe possessions behind in his trunk, along with his flail. Ensuring his machete and trident are securely attached at his side, and with loaded crossbow in hand, he hops overboard next to Maura and awaits the spell.
He'll make use of his breathing tube to see under water without needing to hold his breath - at least until he needs to move under the ship.

Last edited:
Kiryu has initiated combat, the fish spots you guys as well so there is no surprise round.

Turn Order
Echeneis-19
Kiryu 17
Eko 13
Variel 11
Maura 8

With the death of the Echeneis, the ship, who is still at full sail lurches forward. It begins picking up steam traveling 20ft in one round. Since no one was attached to a rope, nobody got keelhauled when the ship started moving. Which means you guys can wait the 10 rounds for the ship to stop and left off a longboat that will come and pick you up. Everyone is back on deck.

Ramona and Captain Markosi will approach the party
Captain Markosi: Excellent work, the ship can sail now. You lads are natural sailor's, you solve problems by keeping your feet underneath you when the storm comes.

Ramona: I understand Captain Markosi has mentioned our Grindylow friends. Considering the attack they launched against your longboat when you attempted to land on the Island, I believe they will continue to be a problem. When we take care of this problem is up to you though. Its still early in the day, we can land you by the cave entrance at low tide. Once high tide comes the cave will be completely underwater. Or we can sail back to Talmandor's Bounty and address this issue at a later time, perhaps when are hand is forced.

I think it would be better to help the ones here instead of others we don't even know if they're still alive. Taking care of them now is my vote.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(9376 Online 711 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom