[Story Progression] 1.2 Settlement Amid The Strange

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by Statboy, Oct 5, 2020.

  1. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko nods his ascent.
     
  2. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Who knows what other fishy tricks they might have. I agree, now is the time
     
  3. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The party has an hour to prepare before one of the soldiers rows you guys to the cave. You will be able to see from the Peregrine that the cave is partially submerged even at low tide. Based on the depth of water at the entrance (4-5 feet) medium characters will operate as if its difficult terrain, while small characters will have to either make swim checks or bounce off the bottom and move at 1/4 speed. Whenever you guys are ready place yourselves on the Shellcracker Cave map, and proceed as you wish.
     
  4. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will be leaving some of his equipment behind in his sleeping quarters on the ship.

    I've marked what I left behind on my character sheet.(The items highlighted in green on my sheet are what is being taken for this trip).
     
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Would anyone like a top-up heal before we go in?
     
  6. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura nods at Eko.
     
  7. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Second channel of the day for anyone wishing it:

    !roll 1d6 #healing
     
  8. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    healing: 1

    For: VintagePC Re: #88
     
  9. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    GM Roll please
     
  10. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    Variel will don her armor and take her pack along.
     
  11. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    I've opened the first part of the cave for you now

    !roll 1d6 #GM roll for channel
     
  12. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    GM roll for channel: 4

    For: Statboy Re: #90
     
  13. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Third channel just to top everyone up

    !roll 1d6 #healz
     
  14. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    healz: 3

    For: VintagePC Re: #91
     
  15. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Thanks Eko. Any last suggestions before we go in?

    Maura asks as she takes out and loads he crossbow, and then moving to the mouth of the cave.
     
  16. VintagePC

    VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

    Eko takes the hint and reloads his as well, keeping it to hand.

    I have a sun rod for light if we need it.
     
  17. Srekcins

    Srekcins Well-Known Member

    I'll be okay, I can see in the dark just fine.

    Variel draws her rapier and takes point to keep an eye out for traps, moving at half speed.
    She does have trap spotter.
     
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will move at 1/4 speed for now.
     
  19. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Reflected sunlight from outside flickers across the water and reflects on the stone ceiling in this mostly submerged cave. The waters are cold, but not to a life-threatening degree, and the motion of the surf outside sends mild, rocking waves across the chamber. A passageway extends to the north, and to the south is the cave entrance.

    Variel: I rolled you a perception of 11 on roll20. The reflected sunlight does light up the cave, acting as a natural mirror. The water inside the cave is calmer than in the bay, making it a DC 5 swim check. The sound of water flowing in and out echo's off the cave walls.
     
  20. theLumberJack

    theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

    Maura moves past Kiryu entering the opening of the cave.
     
  21. Kiryu

    Kiryu Well-Known Member

    Kiryu will slowly make his way into the cave and look around. He is looking for any signs that someone has been in here recently.

    !roll 1d20+8 #Perception
     
  22. VaultBot

    VaultBot I'm Vintage's pet bot, I can't reply to PMs/posts.

    Perception: 22

    For: Kiryu Re: #98
     
  23. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    Kiryu: You notice 2 Grindylow's hiding beneath the surface of the water, waiting in ambush. As soon as they see they've been spotted they come up to attack.

    There is no surprise round as they were spotted before attacking.

    Turn Order
    Grindylow- 21
    Variel- 17
    Eko- 16
    Grindylow- 15
    Maura- 12
    Kiryu- 4
     
  24. Statboy

    Statboy Resident Cueball

    The two Grindylows standing sentry attacked on sight. But proved no problem for the problem. The passage continues on northward

    This tunnel runs roughly south to north, its floor about five feet below the water’s surface. Two openings lead to other caves along the eastern wall. At its northern end, the cave jogs to the west.
     
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice