[Story Progression] 1.2 Settlement Amid The Strange

Eko nods his ascent.

The party has an hour to prepare before one of the soldiers rows you guys to the cave. You will be able to see from the Peregrine that the cave is partially submerged even at low tide. Based on the depth of water at the entrance (4-5 feet) medium characters will operate as if its difficult terrain, while small characters will have to either make swim checks or bounce off the bottom and move at 1/4 speed. Whenever you guys are ready place yourselves on the Shellcracker Cave map, and proceed as you wish.

Kiryu will be leaving some of his equipment behind in his sleeping quarters on the ship.

I've marked what I left behind on my character sheet.(The items highlighted in green on my sheet are what is being taken for this trip).

Would anyone like a top-up heal before we go in?

Second channel of the day for anyone wishing it:

!roll 1d6 #healing

[trigger]healing: 1[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #88[/trigger]

[trigger]GM roll for channel: 4[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Statboy Re: #90[/trigger]

Third channel just to top everyone up

!roll 1d6 #healz

[trigger]healz: 3[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: VintagePC Re: #91[/trigger]

Thanks Eko. Any last suggestions before we go in?

Maura asks as she takes out and loads he crossbow, and then moving to the mouth of the cave.

Eko takes the hint and reloads his as well, keeping it to hand.

I have a sun rod for light if we need it.

I'll be okay, I can see in the dark just fine.

Variel draws her rapier and takes point to keep an eye out for traps, moving at half speed.
She does have trap spotter.

Reflected sunlight from outside flickers across the water and reflects on the stone ceiling in this mostly submerged cave. The waters are cold, but not to a life-threatening degree, and the motion of the surf outside sends mild, rocking waves across the chamber. A passageway extends to the north, and to the south is the cave entrance.

Variel: I rolled you a perception of 11 on roll20. The reflected sunlight does light up the cave, acting as a natural mirror. The water inside the cave is calmer than in the bay, making it a DC 5 swim check. The sound of water flowing in and out echo's off the cave walls.

Kiryu will slowly make his way into the cave and look around. He is looking for any signs that someone has been in here recently.

!roll 1d20+8 #Perception

[trigger]Perception: 22[/trigger]
[trigger=by]For: Kiryu Re: #98[/trigger]

Kiryu: You notice 2 Grindylow's hiding beneath the surface of the water, waiting in ambush. As soon as they see they've been spotted they come up to attack.

There is no surprise round as they were spotted before attacking.

Turn Order
Grindylow- 21
Variel- 17
Eko- 16
Grindylow- 15
Maura- 12
Kiryu- 4

The two Grindylows standing sentry attacked on sight. But proved no problem for the problem. The passage continues on northward

This tunnel runs roughly south to north, its floor about five feet below the water’s surface. Two openings lead to other caves along the eastern wall. At its northern end, the cave jogs to the west.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(6457 Online 340 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom