Additional Map Suggestions for Standard Rotation

Akaboogalo Boss

I think Snakewater and Process should be added to the map pool. Both are great CP maps that are played often in vanilla TF2, and they also aren't modern enough to clash with the feel that TF2C is going for. Thoughts?

Thanks for the feedback - we have a few TF2C devs that lurk here so hopefully they see and consider your suggestion. Process is currently in our custom maps rotation (We can't include it in our standard rotation because the devs would like us to keep that as stock maps only)

I can't recall for certain regarding Snakewater - but one problem with many TF2 maps is they can use elements not present in TF2C - and if the map is licensed CC-ND (no derivatives) like Snakewater, you need permission from the author to repack or alter the map so it works with TF2C. Snakewater is over 10 years old - and in many cases the authors have moved on or can no longer be reached in order to get this permission, which is unfortunate - I agree there are many great TF2 maps out there, but essentially anything that post-dates the 2008-ish source code on which the mod is based runs the risk of having these issues.

~Vintage

Heyo! I'm apart of the dev team and am glad to be seeing suggestions for the game here! Obviously none of us have total control over the project or anything, but I can share my personal thoughts. The map pool's something I've actually been thinking about a fair bit lately. Personally I'm on the side of having a smaller pool with the most ideal maps, both for fun gameplay and visuals that match the classic aesthetic (I'm an artist so that's a big factor for me). There are actually a few maps in the current pool that I'm not super sure about in regards to that last category. I'd say, in an ideal world, we'd be able to re-artpass maps like the ones you mentioned to look as close to official Valve map sensibilities of the classic era. But then that runs into the issue that Vintage mentioned of having trouble contacting mappers and acquiring permission. And with that I'll end my tangent.

Thanks for the feedback! I've definitely been wanting to discuss the map pool further internally.

Stay safe!

- Waugh

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(8463 Online 655 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom