Anyone interested in playing some modded minecraft?

Razer

Achievement Hunter
Member from long ago...
I'm firing up a modded 1.7.10 minecraft server, and I was wondering if anyone was interested in joining me.

Its non PVP, survival, and heavy on tech mods (stargate, tinkers, industrialcraft, rotarycraft, etc)

If anyone is interested in playing, I'm interested in NOT playing solo. :)

Was just bouncing around the idea of playing MC again yesterday. Sign me up! Have a mod list by chance?

here's a partial list, I'm debating with myself about adding a couple more mods, mostly client-size.

Code:
Applied Energistics 2
Big reactors
Buildcraft
Computercraft
Condensed ores
Electricraft
Ender IO
Ender Storage
Expanded redstone
Industrialcraft 2
Minefactory reloaded
Nether Ores
NEI
Power Converters
Project Red
Railcraft
ReactorCraft
RF Tools
RotaryCraft
Ruins
SGCraft
Tconstruct
TerritoryZone
Thermal Dynamics
Thermal Expansion
Translocator
Waila
Wireless Redstone

I wouldn't mind doing some MC again with the gang

Cooool. Depending on how easy it is, would I be able to request some exploration mods of some sort? I'm not familiar with the modded side of mc to deeply, so if this isn't a thing that's fine too.

cleardot.gif

Exploration mods?? not sure what you mean. expand/explain?

I would be up for joining, if we had a time that people dropped in and out. I kinda think these die off when everybody gets online at different times and never really plays with each other

I will normally be online in the evening, pacific time, (bored at work)

Also, if you're a fan of the Stargate TV series, then SGcraft will be quite pleasing. your base is 10K blocs away from your friends? no problem. Just dial. :)

I update the thermal foundation set, and added gravestones, so that if anyone else decides to play 'ablative point man', they wont lose all of their gear.

any chance of factorization barrels, or are there equivalent storage things already?

there are equivalent mods. some of them are pretty massive.

I figured out how to get an Inscriber to accept stacks, it's another mod called AE2 Stuff. Which adds a small number of things to AE2, namely an Advanced Inscriber that accepts stacks, a Crystal Growth Chamber for growing crystals quickly, and wireless terminals.

Yeah... so.... downtime....

the cable tech was more than two hours late, (not his fault) which meant he had to go into the attic just after the hottest part of the day. my thermometer said it was 120 up there.

with many breaks for water, he replaced the modem, almost a dozen fittings, 35 feet of coax at the pole, a signal slitter and a signal amplifier. My modem is now able to lock up 16 QAM channels, where previously 8 was a rarity. Hopefully this solves some of the drop-off that were happening.

Well, I figured out why I was lagging so hard in the nether and the end. Its forge. Specifically forge has a bug on what they say is "too few video cards to worry about fixing" where it forces my PC to render everything, and won't drop frames. I guess the way minecraft works, if you aren't looking at something you computer doesn't always render it. With this bug everything gets rendered greatly reducing my PC performance (i'm not playing on a potato so don't start).

On top of that it won't drop frames, it forces every frame to load. The result is things that happen server side get backed up to be shown client side for me resulting in a delay. The longer I play and the more stuff that goes on, the longer the delay becomes. So say I'm 5 seconds delayed, and a zombie pigman runs up to me and starts murdering me, my PC will show him walk up to me, let me kill him, then after the delay has caught up I'll eat 5 seconds worth of damage that happened server side. Any internet bumps add to the delay as well, if you guys have an internet bump, you might see a creeper warp several blocks over. I won't, on my screen the creeper will stand there, then move at normal speed thereafter. And I'll be a second or two further behind on my delay.

Forge says I should change my video card settings to prevent this. I say fuck forge, I'm not changing my video card settings for a single mod from a single game that won't fix its bugs.

TL;DR-It was a fun server, but I've reached the pinnacle of what I can do on it, you guys have fun and feel free to loot my stuff. If you find my gravestone in the end, it has 50 emerald ore on it.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(9425 Online 899 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom