• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Banned for "avoiding gag" when admin just has a personal issue with me

F10 to defuse

Banhammered
Last ban was 2 days, this one is one week. Admin gagged me for "ur mom" jokes which would be fine if she didn't try insulting me first, after I got back from my last ban. I didn't realize vaultf4 was so intensely fixated on PC culture since the motd doesn't show rules for me and I didn't think the official tf2c servers would have such uptight rules as opposed to the real tf2. Obviously this is a personal issue and I most definitely didn't avoid any ban. I changed my name to "can't gag these skillz" or some dumb shit after she muted and gagged me, I didn't talk in the chat after I was gagged. This is really flimsy logic, very hypocritical (especially since she made "offensive" jokes about me constantly) and seems petty to me and I hope others feel the same way.

OK, I've spent a fair amount of time reviewing the information available to me, and here's my analysis of the situation:

You were not banned for "mom" jokes, your ban was for an anti-trans "you will never be a woman" comment. This isn't even bordering on an issue of being PC or not, it's outright inflammatory and insulting. The staff member in question gave you some time to reconsider and potentially apologize, but you were gagged when that was not forthcoming after you continued trash talking each other and they'd had enough.

(I will agree that the exchange probably should not have gone on as long as it did, and I have spoken to the staff member in question about what transpired.)

You then decided to change your name a few times which, in and of itself is not an offense. However, it can potentially become one under rule #6 if it is used to continue to aggravate people after chat permissions have been revoked. I can see you were warned of this, and we make no secret of the fact that we enforce the spirit of our rules rather than to the letter, specifically to cover cases where someone tries to be "technically" clever and skirt them.

At this point, you decided to continue to escalate the situation by changing your username yet again to "i not talkin in chat dumb bitch". I'm not surprised they decided to issue a ban at that point. I have little tolerance for people being hostile or abusive towards the staff, (and it is directly outlined under rule 6 as well) so at that point they were well within their reach to issue a ban. (and frankly, I'm not sure what else you were expecting as a result)

Given you have two separate infractions on your record prior to this incident, ignorance of the rules is not an excuse for you - especially considering all of those infractions were for inappropriate language, which is visible in your chat history. You're expected to know better and punishments are issued as such.

As far as I am concerned, the ban was justified and will remain in effect.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(6347 Online 408 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom