Being "Inside" Fallout (LP Idea)

Geoff

Sir "Let's Play"
I want to throw this idea out there and see what you all think. Now, I've played New Vegas plenty of times (3 full playthroughs) and I still have my "on going" New Vegas Achievement Hunting series. What I want to ask here though is something I tried once already on Skyrim.

Would it be a cool idea to play through the game, and record obviously, and act as if I'm actually my character? My normal let's plays are just playing through a game with me usually talking about random shit. But visualizing myself in the game, I'd completely act it out.

The big thing here would be me getting suggestions on how to act as well. If this is something people would be very interested in (I've never seen this done in any LP), then it is something I'd like to start within the next few weeks.

BTW, the reason this failed on Skyrim was because Skyrim's map sucks so bad at trying to stay "in character". At least with the pipboy map, I can imagine there are controls on the damned thing that moves the map around. =P

YouTube user TheZemalf did a roleplaying sort of thing with Fallout 3. I recommend checking it out to see if you really are interested in doing it with New Vegas. Keep in mind it may be a little trickier to play your character. In Fallout 3, you are new to the wasteland so it is easier to play-out your curious character and build off the "I want to help the people out here" or "I want to make the wasteland my land" kind of mentality depending on wheater you want to be a good or a bad guy. In New Vegas, the story is more random, and it could be harder to play a good character if your very first goal is to get revenge on the guy that shot you. Of course, I'm not expert on this stuff, but keep that in mind.

Watched a few of his videos...he seems to simply LP it. He isn't "in character" in the way that I want to see. I'll attempt a video in a few days and toss it around, see what people think.

Won't be hard at all to play with the "shot in the head" scenario. ^_^

Are you going to install one of those mods that requires you to eat and drink to survive?

You are right, I remember it being a mod for FO3, never paid attention that they added it as a difficulty in setting in NV.

I never did quite finish off New Vegas. I got almost to the end of the main storyline and then started doing the DLC content. I think I lost everything when i got the new computer since NV does not work when it comes to Steam cloud saves.

You should reinstall the game then. ^_^

It's a truly fantastic game, and most of the DLC is awesome.

I never modded nv, but for fo3 i had a radio expansion mod that added a ton of era appropriate music and a lot of graphic tweaks and updates and, of course as with everything Bethesda, the "unofficial patch".

Decided to mod it up last night to give it another play, hopefully to the end this time. Cannot remember the names of everything but I now I installed...

A global textures mod (small version)
Lighting
Fellout
A night sky mod
Weapon textures
Multiple radio stations
pip boy texture
multiple interiors mods
FOOK
Era/style appropriate posters/advertisements

and a few other smaller ones I forget

Hopefully fire it up tonight.

Hm, for some reason FOOK breaks my game and it crashes on start up. Weird that a mod for bug fixes would break the game.

There is a weather mod that adds all kinds of storms and the like, that may have lightning in it, not sure. I did not get it because I thought it would fight with the nightsky and Fellout mods.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6998 Online 467 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom