Building New Gaming PC From Scratch

IIRC there are ways of getting around that problem with sufficient skill, but that's probably not something you want to venture into.

Okay, so a craaazy question.

If I were to get my hard drive, put it in my current pc, could I "copy" the Windows 7 installed on here to that hard drive?

It's possible. A lot of SSD's come with upgrade kits so all you do is connect it to the same computer as your current HDD, run the included CD, and it copies Windows over for you. It copies everything including the drivers because it assumes you are going to replace the HDD into your current computer.

It would be better and safer to do a clean install. Unless you have a custom made one now, the computer comes with all kinds of junkware from it's manufacturer. Many companies like HP put bullshit programs and services (like our new laptops at the store come with HP remote connect, basically it starts automatically and HP can remote connect your computer if you need help) on the computers. Installing a fresh Windows will ensure you have nothing on the computer except Windows. You might have malware, bad settings, or unneeded drivers that would be copied over.

TL;DR
Clean install for maximum headache reduction.

Just woke up, my ram arrived and no case. Then BAM, Fedex pulled up. I ran outside and waited. The guy saw the excitement lol.

This box is HUUUUGE

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(6841 Online 404 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom