Can't join servers!

When I try to join a server I get stuck trying to download *mapname*.ain and since server hosts don't sent ain files I cant join servers, can someone tell me how to fix this?

I don't have any problem with it. It just stops responding for a while and then it connects. Wait a second, just when I was posting this, my game crashed on background...

EDIT: Don't mind about that crash. It was my own fault

Yes It happens on every server I join, even the official ones, do I need to load up the map first to generate a ain file?

Well at least when I join server it says that downloading mapname.ain then it's not responding for 30 seconds and then I'm on the server. Do you have Source SDK 2013 Multiplayer installed completely? You could try and verify the cache, because it can create errors.

That downloading is just the game getting some missing assets, and like TF2, it freezes since it does some calculations post downloading data from server. I wish there was an occasional update to the draw loop so the game won't think it's frozen, but that's just a fault of the Source engine.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48182 Members
(8116 Online 494 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom