• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Comm ban appeal

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, you do realize you were only muted for an hour, right?

Second, I can see you were given a warning/timeout and told not to use antisemitic language in our servers, so there was not "without explanation" of why.

Furthermore, I'm told you continued this behavour after receiving the timeout, which resulted in the extended mute.

Thirdly, I suggest you familiarize yourself with our server rules if you have not already. They outline what is and is not acceptable on our servers; Free speech gives you the right to speak freely, but it does not require other people to be forced to listen to you, nor that we provide a metaphorical soapbox for you to stand on while speaking, and to that extent the staff are empowered to take whatever actions they feel necessary to maintain a fun and inclusive atmosphere for all players, regardless of race, origin, religion, social status, political views, and the like.

If you don't agree with that then feel free to operate your own gameserver, in which you will be able to do and say whatever you wish.

I was given a time out. Not a clear message as to why it was. I accept the punishment but wish you would add the reason as to why on the message that pops up on the screen during Timeout.

According to the log the staff member sent you a direct chat message in-game telling you this:

upload_2021-1-29_8-27-25.png

Timeout also shows the server rules, so if one is placed in timeout they can be easily reviewed as to why.

The timeout plugin does not support modifying the text shown by default, but perhaps it can be reprogrammed to do so, we would have to look into it.

Now I was muted for 48 hours by Emma despite not saying anything "anti semetic" Maybe they meant 'Anti-Semitic' originally. Emma is out right abusing her power by muting those who even hint at Jews in the chat, claiming it ALL to be Anti -Semitic. If you got the voice clips to prove it I will be glad to hear them and accept my punishment again. Otherwise I will gladly take this Nazi's place as a moderator to ensure freedom of speech on your servers that properly warns people using Voice Chat, in Voice Chat and is not tied to any religious agenda.

"If you got the voice clips to prove it I will be glad to hear them and accept my punishment again"

Oh boy...

I have reviewed the demo in question. Let's get a few things straight.

Firstly, you know exactly what you said. This wasn't even borderline hinting, someone made a disparaging remark about jews, you said
"Exactly" and when told to knock it off, followed up with "I'm just helping people realize what they already know".

After your prior infraction, you should have known better. But here's where it gets interesting, because now you have my attention. And that isn't going to work out well for you. At this point, you have:
  • Made disparaging remarks about Jewish people
  • Called my staff Nazis on multiple occasions
  • Insist you have a right to say these things (you don't, we are a private entity and can enforce whatever conduct rules we see fit)
  • Received two warnings for your behaviour, after which you continued to:
  • Briefly spammed an Italian fascist slogan in text chat
  • Made further derogatory remarks about Jewish people:
  • upload_2021-1-29_21-46-7.png
  • And started slandering all of the staff here because you take issue with our policies. upload_2021-1-29_21-47-17.png
  • Made school shooting jokesupload_2021-1-29_21-49-54.png
  • And you've registered here with a username that really doesn't help the case you're trying to prove.

You've had multiple warnings and chances, but you clearly have no intention of conducting yourself in a manner befitting our server rules, so on review I am permanently revoking your chat and voice privileges, and giving you a week of vacation time to cool down.

TL;DR: Play with fire, get burned.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(8376 Online 580 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom