• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Contesting a ban.

Zach720

Banhammered
In-Game name:zach
Time of Ban:9:20
Date of Ban:01-04-21
Steam ID:STEAM_0:0:484179287
Reason for Ban:"Ignoring Admins"
Additional Comments: I honestly do not know why I was permanently banned. I was supposedly banned for poking fun at an admin after said admin declared for everyone to "Stop with the edgy nonsense." Now I haven't said any slurs or offensive statements since my last ban, however I suppose you could call me poking fun at the admins "edgy nonsense," but I really think a permanent ban for saying an admin "does it for free," is somewhat ridiculous. I do not see this offense as an extreme case of rule breaking during my ""parole"", and shouldn't be permanently banned. If anything, I would like to at least have access once again to the servers, with my comms ban reinstated if that would seem like a more fitting punishment.

Given the transphobic remarks you gave yesterday, and your repeated mocking of staff while handling server issues, me and Emma came to the decision to give you a permanent ban pending full review of what you've said and done over the last few days. The staff will take a look at your case and come to a decision about how best to proceed.

In your prior appeal you were told in no uncertain terms that this was a possibility:

You are now officially "On notice" for your infractions. In other words, you will be considered to have been duly and inexcusably made aware of the server rules. Your current ban will remain on record after expiry, and from this point on, if there are *any* further rule violations on your part that are brought to my attention, said communications ban will be permanently reinstated, no questions asked. If the infraction is severe enough, this may even transmute into an outright ban.

So not only did you break the rules again, but the infraction has most definitely been brought to my attention at this point.

The staff have indicated to me they have had enough of your behaviour. If you cannot conduct yourself in a manner respectful to all players and staff (and considering you've had more chances than some other folks we've banned permanently over the years), then you are no longer welcome in the servers. If you continue to ruin other's enjoyment of the servers and game, then it is only fitting that you not be permitted to enjoy them yourself.

I understood the terms and took care not to say anything really that crude to any other players, and I still think that I really didn't. I poked fun at the admins, and I thought I could do so. I tip toed the line and now I know what I cannot do. At this point I'd prefer to be muted/gagged and allowed to play the game, I understand if you do not agree and prefer for me to be banned, I just want to know if I can be allowed back in, if not, then I'll be on my way out of your precious servers.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Some days my spare time to manage the community is a bit limited.

Given that most of the issue here is the mocking of staff (we both know where "THEY DO IT FOR FREE" and the term "janny" come from and what they are used for), we have reached a satisfactory agreement.

If you are willing to meaningfully apologize to both @Moira Prime and @litrllyemma, then we will lift the entry ban (but the comms ban will remain in place).

You may choose to post a public apology here or DM them in private through the forums as you desire. Once they let me know that you have made what they feel to be a genuine apology, then I will lift the entry ban.

Seem fair?

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48179 Members
(6149 Online 405 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom