cp_silo (early alpha)

how do you like the map? will I need to make many changes before I begin texturing/detailing?

• pretty good, but it still has issues.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • not great, needs a lot of changes.

• complete garbage, one or more areas need a big overhaul.

• Total voters

stratazar

Not a Noob
cp_silo is a 3-point symmetrical attack-defend map, similar to cp_well. it features a spacious layout with with some special positions for mobility classes. each round begins with a 45 second setup timer before the middle area is available. the middle point is easily snagged by individual players, but capping each team's final point will require a group effort.

this map aims to (hopefully) create a playspace where even during stalemates, teams still take the fight back and fourth between areas, and matches never stagnate.

Attachments

• appearance_test.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
cp_silo is a 3-point symmetrical attack-defend map, similar to cp_well. it features a spacious layout with with some special positions for mobility classes. each round begins with a 45 second setup timer before the middle area is available. the middle point is easily snagged by individual players, but capping each team's final point will require a group effort.

this map aims to (hopefully) create a playspace where even during stalemates, teams still take the fight back and fourth between areas, and matches never stagnate.
looks nice, btw i actually wanna get into mapping, but is it hard to make a map? for tf2c

looks nice, btw i actually wanna get into mapping, but is it hard to make a map? for tf2c
learning the basics of hammer is pretty easy, so you can probably get started right away. But that being said, the hammer editor is still a VALVE program, so it can be a headache from time to time. also, you'll want to learn some of the more advanced aspects of hammer if you want to make a professional quality map. I would recommend watching tophattwaffle's youtube tutorials, as he has lots of guides for all aspects of hammer. and i would also recommend watching UEAKcrash, as he makes tutorials exclusively for TF2 mapping that I still look at from time to time.

learning the basics of hammer is pretty easy, so you can probably get started right away. But that being said, the hammer editor is still a VALVE program, so it can be a headache from time to time. also, you'll want to learn some of the more advanced aspects of hammer if you want to make a professional quality map. I would recommend watching tophattwaffle's youtube tutorials, as he has lots of guides for all aspects of hammer. and i would also recommend watching UEAKcrash, as he makes tutorials exclusively for TF2 mapping that I still look at from time to time.
Thanks i appreciate it!

Thanks i appreciate it!
I would strongly reccomend anyone looking to get into TF2 mapping to check out TF2maps.net as they easily have the most resources, tutorials and downloads for that.

Additionally consider using Hammer++ instead of the default Hammer. It's got some more modern features and improvements that can be incredibly helpful.

I would strongly reccomend anyone looking to get into TF2 mapping to check out TF2maps.net as they easily have the most resources, tutorials and downloads for that.

Additionally consider using Hammer++ instead of the default Hammer. It's got some more modern features and improvements that can be incredibly helpful.
alright thanks!

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(8808 Online 707 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom