D&D... what say ye?

Discussion in 'Gaming Discussion' started by VintagePC, Feb 24, 2014.

1. English

English Global Mod

And I would get a lot of darts... or a bow and arrow...

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Ah, derp, completely forgot to check the prices on those items. I'll re-do the inventory and/or look at the standard kit instead.

As for skill rolls... yeah, I remembered you mentioning something about best 3/5d6 but wasn't sure if that was what we were officially using. I tried it and thought the values seemed high so I switched back to standard and got those rolls. They looked well balanced so I went with them. :)

3. English

English Global Mod

you do 5d6 and take your best 3. If your highest skill from all yours rolls is 13 then reroll all skills.

4. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Damn, does that mean I have to re-roll? :(

5. English

English Global Mod

you might want to? you might get better numbers

6. VintagePC

Might? Sounds like you want me to get some lower ones... :p

7. English

English Global Mod

im just saying. the average NPC should have an average ability score of 10. The average PC should have ability scores of at least 13/14 because PCs are supposed to be above average :)

8. VintagePC

Wait, we're talking about INT/STR/DEX/etc. right?

9. English

English Global Mod

Yesm. Your scores were really good. Just saying if you want you could do better ;)

10. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

I don't care if he doesn't re-roll, you'll never get all 6 above 10 if you try.

• Like Like x 1
  11. English

English Global Mod

We need someone who can heal -_-

12. English

English Global Mod

What would you guys think about me rerolling to a Paladin? :)

13. Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion Achievement Hunter

Also True Neutral alignment characters are difficult to play unless you have a good idea how to true neutral.

14. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

don't worry about it

15. Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion Achievement Hunter

Are you going to be playing your character or provide some sort of healer for the party most-likely then?

16. English

English Global Mod

Ok nvm! :D

17. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

I am not going to be playing, but as this is meant to be a first quest so it gives a means of healing, so long as you find it :)

18. SoL DarkLord

SoL DarkLord SOL DARK LORD OF THE SEVEN HELLS Tabletop GM

Just how about a reasonable starting time on Sunday? I'm thinking of going out of town this weekend if we're not doing D&D on Saturday. A nice night out of town would do me a lot of good right now.

19. English

English Global Mod

Yeah we were planning on doing something like 7/7:30 on sunday

20. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

can we start by 7 on sunday, i'd like to get a good 3 hours in at least, that should get us well over half way thru. So long as our bard shows up on time ;).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice