dm_cargo

gamez7

Noob
<font face="Arial, Verdana">A deathmatch map set in the middle of a shipping plant in the desert.</font><font face="Arial, Verdana">
</font><font face="Arial, Verdana">Screenshots:</font>
XMfGukK.png
<font face="Arial, Verdana">
</font>
n4QTAPR.png

b9Gal8W.png

Download dm_cargo_a3

Looks kinda interesting, but I see some prop spam in that ravine in the second screenie, Ya might want to consider changing some of it.

5a037969e4.png

A quick update to the map for the new TF2Classic update! Changelog:<div>
  • Replaced info_player_teamspawn entities with info_player_deathmatch entities
  • Replaced some small health packs with tiny health packs
  • Replaced some weapon spawners with new DM-exclusive weapons
  • Replaced the Minigun spawner with a Pipebomb Launcher spawner
  • Edited lighting around the map
  • Reduced number of props in the canyon area
<div>Download now</div></div>

Uhh, so we played the map on a DM server. We tried to play it legitimately, but it didn't take long for us to see the myriad of problems within the map. I'll start with the biggest ones and go down to nitpicks later.
First off, and this one is the painful one for me to drop. We didn't have fun on this map. The layout was confusing and rather uninteresting, with a ton of pointless side rooms and alcoves that lead nowhere. We could barely find the weapons because most of them were hidden away in places we didn't know were there. There are no pills either, and the few that are there are placed where bigger kits should be.
The detailing is.... off. A lot of the objects were just floating up or off the walls and floors. And some of it was rather poorly chosen. I don't know why everything is off the ground, but that might be good not to do. Also, some of your texture choices were rather odd. And some props are placed seemingly for no other reason than to be there. Special note to the use of the Doomsday tunnel prop, which is an entrance to yet another pointless alcove.
Honestly, I think you should remake this map from the ground up. Use simple textures and don't go overboard with props and pointless detail. Examine your map and other DM maps to find out what works for the gamemode. You could probably get away with one big prop or other point of detail to direct players around your map, but be careful with it.

I would also like it myself if you removed the doors that moved upwards in that one room like spawnroom doors and made some of the rooms in the levels larger as well. Also, right now alot of rooms in the map seem very cramped or added into the level for no real apparent gameplay related reason, so working on fixing that would be nice.

I have returned from the grave to give the living a map update!

dm_cargo_a5

3e976f9afb.jpg

a8cd88528f.jpg

add55100d0.jpg

1a3f28e774.jpg

I've been working on this for a while, and I'm really excited to share it with you guys. Thanks to the whole community (namely MacD11 and Moonrat) for giving me feedback!

Changelog:
  • -MANY layout changes
  • >  Made many cramped areas larger
  • >  Opened up more passageways between areas
  • >  Removed dead ends
  • Removed many unnecessary props
  • Changed textures to be mainly Red to reduce visual clutter
  • Added in playerclip brushes on staircases so they can be bunnyhopped on
  • Added in more weapons
Click here to download

Woahly shit! This is not the same. Good to see you listened to that feedback. I'll check this out, it might be good material for the Tournament...

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(8708 Online 694 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom