• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Dreck the Opossum's ban appeal

Dreck the Opossum

In-Game name: Dreck the Opossum
Time of Ban:Approx 8:30pm utc (koth_nucleus)
Date of Ban:10\23\22
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:34573056
Reason for Ban: "Brown hat rule"
Additional Comments:

Yeah I don't know what to say here other that I feel I was unrightfully banned with literally 0 warning. The sourcebans page just says "Brown hat rule." which is extremely vague and not helpful.

I was banned by Juno on Koth_nucleus. The only thing I can imagine is because of my interaction with another player who just has a symbol for their username who was making comments about me being a furry. I gunned them down as spy an taunted. This was enough for them to start insulting me over the microphone, eventually calling me a F*ggot which I asked juno to deal with on the server.

Afterwards I made a comment that its good to have me on the server because me being a loud queer makes the trash unhinge and reveal themselves. (Like with what happened)
Juno said I was being "an asshole" to which I responded "I provoked the trash into outing themselves, you're welcome."
They said "oh"
Then a few minutes later I was staring at the ban screen. No warns, no "don't do x" just banned.
I have absolutely no idea how I did anything bannable. Literally all I did was kill someone and taunt until they started saying slurs in voicechat.
Are we banning for taunting after kill now?

On the sidenote, I believe Juno to have a personal problem with me and would like to discus that topic with a higher staff member if possible. I've only ever been warned once (by grovyle) in my years of playing this mod and then banned today outright with no warns.

Though you have the demos and chat to look through I also clipped a recording of what happened, if that is of intrest.
Regards
Dreck uwu

Last edited:
You were temporarily banned for 3 days for incurring a player's wrath purposefully into breaking rules. This falls under our "brown hat rule" of "Don't be an asshole!"

If you would like to read about the brown hat rule it is located on this page: https://www.vaultf4.com/threads/server-rules.246/

Furthermore you have been warned over the past week or so about the brown hat rule coming you way, some VF4 staff have been keeping tabs on you and I have warned you several times about this.

To address the part where I had said "oh": upload_2022-10-23_22-18-48.png

This was simply me realizing that this is what exactly we do not want in our servers, that this was solidifying your ban.

26FE26876F78B884709EE87D40D171D60D0B2C77

upload_2022-10-23_22-14-27.png

What transpired in this chat log: The player in question you incurred the wrath of was rather quite angry at you after you had taunted them. The phrase "because I know you'd be a bitch about it" was said directly after the player you were antagonizing was asking why you would taunt in such a way. Afterwards, they became agitated and proceeded to use a slur that we do not tolerate. This pattern of behavior from you has been witnessed time and time again. This is why your ban has been issued.

You have a broad history of behaving in ways that line up with our brown hat rule and we at VF4 have been discussing this type of behavior from time-to-time. We have been very lenient with your behavior ever since we had picked up on this. This instance is simply the start of no more toleration. Additionally, you have been heckling about a NSFW spray being removed which has contributed to your brown hat rule ban.

To address you claim of me having "a personal problem" with you, I have zero qualms with you and it is unnecessary to include this in your appeal.

Sincerely, Juno.

"You were temporarily banned for 3 days for incurring a player's wrath purposefully into breaking rules. This falls under our "brown hat rule" of "Don't be an asshole!""

So I am not allowed to taunt after kill? Are you serious?

Further reading on "Furthermore you have been warned over the past week or so about the brown hat rule coming you way, some VF4 staff have been keeping tabs on you and I have warned you several times about this."
I have again, received 0 warnings outside of one from grovyle literally years ago. You can check the administration logs.

"What transpired in this chat log: The player in question you incurred the wrath of was rather quite angry at you after you had taunted them. The phrase "because I know you'd be a bitch about it" was said directly after the player you were antagonizing was asking why you would taunt in such a way. "

This was not said to the player who said slurs. This was directed at a friend on the enemy team who complained about me switching to spy in a call. It was said in-game chat because my mic was muted due to an annoying bug with my index taking priority. (you can see me trying to voicechat in-game several times with no audio if you watch the few games I played)

The player in question had me *muted.* Why would I be talking in chat to someone who has me muted? I made a point of doing nothing to antagonize them. Saying nothing. I never directly addressed them once the entire time they were on the server because the moment they joined and started making comments at me about my tele-upgrade bind I knew they were trash, so outside of gameplay (killing and taunting) I completely ignored them until they started shouting slurs because that's not fuckin okay.

"Additionally, you have been heckling about a NSFW spray being removed which has contributed to your brown hat rule ban."

Heckling? You mean asking you why it was blocked? That's literally all I did, was ask repeatedly. You gave no clear answer when I asked again and again because I couldn't figure why, because as far as I'm aware it wasn't NSFW.

"To address you claim of me having "a personal problem" with you, I have zero qualms with you and it is unnecessary to include this in your appeal."
I'm not going to touch this one, I'm just going to ask another member of staff to review this case.

Your ban appeal has been received and I or another senior staff member will review and get back to you. I've been a bit swamped as of late so I can't guarantee I will be able to review it personally.

I've reviewed the SourceTV footage of this incident and based on what I saw, I do not think it justifies a 3 day ban. I'll be overturning it shortly.

Thanks for your patience while I reviewed the details.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(6017 Online 351 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom