Elder Scrolls Online Released - And Subscribtion Required Before 30-days free

Arron Dominion

Achievement Hunter
Yep you heard that right, you need a subscription in order to use the free 30-days after buying the game. It is a Catch-22 that has currently caused quite the commotion on the Elder Scrolls Online forums.

For those being affected, ZeniMax Online is working with customers individually to give them their free 30 days, but they have pre-authorized accounts for a future subscription which has caused some over drafting from banks.

On-top of this issue, pre-paid card players will not be able to find cards at retailers unless they are bought digitally, which will be an issue for those without credit/debit cards.

For the full article:
http://kotaku.com/players-upset-over-the-elder-scrolls-onlines-subscript-1559139938

Yep you heard that right, you need a subscription in order to use the free 30-days after buying the game. It is a Catch-22 that has currently caused quite the commotion on the Elder Scrolls Online forums.

For those being affected, ZeniMax Online is working with customers individually to give them their free 30 days, but they have pre-authorized accounts for a future subscription which has caused some over drafting from banks.

On-top of this issue, pre-paid card players will not be able to find cards at retailers unless they are bought digitally, which will be an issue for those without credit/debit cards.

For the full article:
http://kotaku.com/players-upset-over-the-elder-scrolls-onlines-subscript-1559139938

So it looks like they're charging before the 30 days are up? Otherwise, I don't see a problem; Netflix et. al. do this too, you have to provide card info before you get a free trial. You don't pay anything so long as you cancel on time, but they have your info regardless.

I have mixed feelings about this... No, they probably shouldn't be pre-authorizing the subscription when the purchase includes 30 days playtime... but on the other hand I agree with many of the comments that if buying a $60 game leaves you with less than $15 in your bank account, you probably need to get your priorities straight... especially if you KNOW that game requires a recurring subscription. Because who the hell buys an MMO for $60 to only play for 30 days and then stop?

This just in: Next big WoW-killer will not kill WoW. More at 8:00.
The gameplay had already made the Elder Scrolls crowd disinterested, now the pricing is going to keep the MMO crowd away as well. The only people playing this will be pretentious kids with rich daddies.

The gameplay had already made the Elder Scrolls crowd disinterested, now the pricing is going to keep the MMO crowd away as well. The only people playing this will be pretentious kids with rich daddies.
And Xbox One users. Oh wait, you already said pretentious kids with rich daddies. :cat

This game is also for the hardcore fans of anything Elder Scrolls. There is a lot of lore and everything felt like an Elder Scrolls game, just lower budget. I would have it but I cannot justify the cost of the game plus the subscription fee with everything else, would not feel like I would be enjoying my money's worth.

This game is also for the hardcore fans of anything Elder Scrolls. There is a lot of lore and everything felt like an Elder Scrolls game, just lower budget. I would have it but I cannot justify the cost of the game plus the subscription fee with everything else, would not feel like I would be enjoying my money's worth.
It never felt like an Elder Scrolls game to me, when I was playing the BETA. If it does eventually go free to play i might give it another chance.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48182 Members
(8204 Online 532 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom