Evolution of Graphics on Xbox

Geoff

Sir "Let's Play"

As someone in the comments put it:

"It's amazing how our eyes and minds are limited to what they see at the time they're seeing it. Those early 2000 games were SO realistic when they first came out, you thought they looked amazing, like real life, then the next game came out and you were blown away again... then ten years later the games are still blowing you away visually but those games you once thought were so realistic are now not nearly so. The same is with CGI in movies, The ORIGINAL Godzilla or King Kong was terrifyingly realistic in the mid 1900s but now it's like... puppets"

While I don't ever recall thinking "Wow, this looks just like real life" when I saw Halo, or Halo 2, looking at games now we can actually compare them to real life. Hell, the Chive had an entire gallery of pictures of GTA5 and told you to pick which ones were real and which were the game. All of them were the game! But will we still be amazed by graphics 5 or 10 years from now?

Makes me want to get my Xbox out of storage and play some of the original goodness.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(7840 Online 552 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom