[MMORPG] FF XIV A Realm Reborn

SoulVoid

So this weekend I was able to participate in the last closed beta for FFXIV A Realm Reborn, and I have to be honest with everyone, it was amazing. I can't give away many game mechanics because of the NDA, but I'll do my best. If anyone reading this played the GW2 betas while VF4 was still FFN, and all the hype that went with that, in my personal opinion you should multiply that by five with FF XIV. I've played WoW and GW2 but I'll admit, I had more fun in FFXIV this past weekend than I have with WoW and GW2 combined. I was able to try 6 of the classes: Pugilist (Fist Fighter), Lancer, Conjurer, Botanist, Leatherworker and Archer; and that's not even half of the classes available which doesn't include jobs either. Which you have 4 basic disciplines for classes; Disciples of War (Melee/Ranged classes), Disciples of Magic, Disciples of the Land (Miners, Botanists and Fisherman), and Disciples of the Hand (Crafters). And the great thing about this is that at level 10 once you do your starting class quest, you'll be able to join other guilds (which every class has it's own guild) and that means you can have one character and use every class in the game provided you join the guild first. And each class uses a different type of primary hand weapon/tool.

Now, on to combat. It plays like FF combat does and also MMORPG combat like GW2 and WoW where you can dodge attacks by moving. It also feels more balanced than both of those games. Also with WoW you have text quests and GW2 has Dynamic events, FFXIV has both, your story quests and such will be text based and they did an amazing job making it fun, and there cutscenes are the best I've ever seen in an MMORPG, and then we have FATE's (Full Active Time Events) that play like GW2 Dynamic Events. Which makes leveling super easy, but remember you also can level up many other classes.

So with everything mentioned that I'm able to mention I'd like to say first I'm definitely going to be making this my main MMORPG when it's released ($15 a month is totally worth it imo). It was a blast to play and it has a story that will suck you into it with incredible cutscenes, and hopefully some of you will check it out because I know I'll be playing it.

It feels like WoW that isn't WoW. Which is good and bad, but overall I don't really have any expectations even having played beta. I did however already buy it and plan to play it to endgame and see how that is because that is where everything will either work decently or just fall apart.

It feels like WoW that isn't WoW. Which is good and bad, but overall I don't really have any expectations even having played beta. I did however already buy it and plan to play it to endgame and see how that is because that is where everything will either work decently or just fall apart.

Well we have to remember too, that Square Enix is one of the best if not the best game developers that make RPG's. So I believe they'll have something there.

One of the things I was concerned with was having all the gear for each of those jobs, but they handle that really well with the little gear vault thing.

One of the things I was concerned with was having all the gear for each of those jobs, but they handle that really well with the little gear vault thing.

I agree, being able to have inventory and armor in two different spots is really helpful, plus it's like a full inventory for each piece of armor alone

Me and the wife are on Lev we haven't bought it yet waiting for the shit storm to die down. But we were both in Beta Phase 4 so we have toons set up and to like level 15 or so

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(9066 Online 679 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom