FreeFrag back?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by lonesome killer, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Ah, I was only aware of the master 'admin' account ID being hardcoded in the configs but not the additional admin users. Then again, I've only really had to deal with that in XF.

2. lolumad

lolumad Well-Known Member

My take on this is meh. i could care less about the forum all i want is to say contact with my friends though TS or raid call.

Blood

3. Geoff

Geoff Sir "Let's Play" Forum Moderator Staff Member

How is it insulting? And why is anyone upset? When the forums went down (I don't even remember when), there were some good topics that were essentially lost forever.

4. CaptSpiffy

CaptSpiffy Best Moderator NA

I made one post in there and have now been permanently banned.
    I don't want that piece of shit, Net using any content I ever posted over there to make money.
    I busted my ass for FFN, and without Mak seeing anything from it, I refuse to be a part of it.
    So, instead of having my posts deleted, I was just permanently banned.
    obviously, in my post, I didn't call Net a piece of shit, but you get what I'm saying.

I am glad to see that there are others who are outraged.

5. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

Hey kid. Nobody is going to profit from your shitty posts. Do you see any ads? Do you see any way for me to profit? In fact I am losing money. As I always have for everyone of these communities you ungreatful turd.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

• Not Helpful Not Helpful x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. CaptSpiffy

Then why bring it back? Why bother bringing back the forum, when the entirety of the community has moved on?
    Why did we have a moderator meeting about tagging our posts a certain way as to maximize our Google search visability?

Why bring it back in the first place?

7. Geoff

Why bring it back in the first place?

Reasons FFN is Back Up:
    1) Lots and lots of great content, can be helpful to the internets, and fun for people to read back on what was posted, and have a few laughs even if its just laughing among themselves.
    2) Memories. I spent a good amount of time building this place up, so have others. To leave it down is a shame and is a disservice to everyone who created this.
    3) I enjoy gaming communities.
    4) I sort of miss everyone :/

8. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Sorry, but if you were asked by the author of the posts to remove them, IMHO that request should be complied with. Spiffy is still the author of the content and deserves to have his wishes with regards to it respected.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Shabow

Shabow Well-Known Member VF4 Supporter

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Not Helpful Not Helpful x 1
  10. Geoff

^ I honestly don't care if it's the real reason or not. It's cool seeing all my old content. To bitch about wanting your posts removed is just silly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Net

Net Achievement Hunter

as everyone wishes. I am killing freefrag.com, but in return I would like all of my posts removed from here. I will accept a ban in return. I am also going to take any privileges that are still being used with me.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. CaptSpiffy

so, you're de-modding and de-admining people from a site you're closing?
    I fail to see what this will accomplish.

13. Shabow

Shabow Well-Known Member VF4 Supporter

[​IMG]

14. CaptSpiffy

It finally 404s.

15. theLumberJack

theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

Well I thoroughly enjoyed the 23 pages of FFN quotes I got through. Don't really understand the backlash that just happened.

16. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Webpages are pretty much always archived across the Internet. Just because the site is down doesn't mean you can't access it.

FreeFrag archive:
    http://web.archive.org/web/20120621051928/http://www.freefrag.com/

17. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

I'm going to go ahead and close this thread. It's simply not necessary.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice