[Indie] Game Dev Tycoon Developer Uploaded Own Cracked Version of Game Upon Release

Net

Achievement Hunter
So apparently the folks over at Greenheart Games decided to beat the pirates to the punch and sort of use their game as a tool to tell all of those pirates out there how pirating affects the livelihood of the small developers.

Instead of releasing the game, and allowing it to be cracked they went ahead and released the game, and uploaded a cracked version of the game to The Pirate Bay themselves. Inside the game they have put little notes and side things stating why a game is failing because of pirates.

pirate-message_25528.nphd.jpg

The game received 3,000+ downloads before the folks over at The Pirate Bay took it down, but the developers were shocked at how many people actually were able to download the game in the short time it was up.

Greenheart Studios website has been going up and down these past few days because of the publicity, but if you want to try and check them out visit their site at www.greenheartgames.com.

Check out Game Dev Tycoon Greenlight Page Here - Game Dev Tycoon Greenlight Page

I think the end result of this being put into the game is hilarious. Now if only the game were not a ripoff of Game Dev Story.

I think the end result of this being put into the game is hilarious. Now if only the game were not a ripoff of Game Dev Story.
While I agree its a complete ripoff, it seems as if it is an improved rip off, and not a rip off half asses. If this is the case where it is actually improved upon, then I am all for it! Rip off games all you want as long as your end product is better and brings new things to the table that the old one didn't.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48187 Members
(10435 Online 907 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom