Game Mechanics And nerfs

So today i played with the dev Thirteen just wanted to say hes a really nice guy and he answers all the questionsBack to the topic. so i thought that the bunny hopping mechanic should get removed why you ask? well i think that players who are new to the source mod they will not be able to strafe and its hard to learn (it took me a long time to learn strafing in the source mod).So for the nerfs i just wanted to say like the sten like to much damage? and the rocket launcher a bit to strong compared to the other weapons and maybe add a sticky launcher?.well thats it just wanted to say your game is awsome keep up the good work :)

I don't really want bhopping removed. I think proper bhopping, and the choice to, is a mechanic that adds more than it takes away. I don't think the sten does too much damage, but it is ludicrously accurate for what it is. Not sure I'd nerf it though. Yeah, I think most of us can agree the rocket launcher takes less effort to use than the other guns in DM. I'd remove it from the DM maps it's in but leave it there in case somebody wants to use it.

Sticky launcher is the opposite of a deathmatch weapon. Do you really want people camping with a sticky trap in DM? I wouldn't mind something similar to the quickiebomb launcher, with fewer stickies out and less clip size but other than that it sounds overpowered and like it would make DM campier than it is.

@Habber

I adore bhopping.. But there should probably be velocity limits for every class. At the moment there is no limit (at least in some servers?) and I've invalidated scout by playing Pyro and bhopping at light speed to cap in ctf.

And weapons being easy to use or powerful isn't really a bad thing, it's kind of the whole point of having power weapons spawn. The rocket launcher is a power weapon. :p

It took me one game of DM to pick up bunnyhopping and I've never done it before. It's really not hard to learn and removing it would lower the skill ceiling, which is never a good idea. I think a speed cap would be a bit excessive, but making it harder to build momentum as the heavier classes might make sense. Just so you CAN go fast as heavy but won't manage to as easily as scout (kinda like how heavy classes in Tribes can ski fast, but require a lot more force to).

I agree about the sten, seems like a better SMG right now. Fills the same role as the pistol and SMG but straight up better.

I dont understand the difficulty behind bhop in deathmatch, you just have to hold spacebar and move the mouse left/right. bhop defaults to off in all other modes for balancing reasons

@OneFourth People are making it out to be harder than it is. The fact you guys provided a bhop script in DM makes it the easiest thing to do in the world.

I think it's accuracy should be nerfed, and the pistols should be buffed. The sten is perfectly accurate which makes no sense- It's even more noticable in Objective modes because the pistol is SO MUCH WORSE than the smg for scout.

The scout SMG is actually more accurate than the DM Sten, and the scout SMG wasn't even meant to be in the game. In the dev build the pistol is getting nerfed slightly and the DM sniper SMG is getting buffed thankfully.

I like bhops in deathmatch not because it's necessarily difficult to do, but rather it gives me mobility options. Suddenly stopping a bhop to throw off a projectile coming at you, or using it to ride damage IS skill based even if bhopping by itself isn't. Also pretty sure there are already in game commands to turn off and modify bhopping but don't quote me on that.

The SMG isn't supposed to be there? Is it going to be scrapped then? And why's the pistol getting nerfed? I haven't seen any real problem with it at all- except to me it's already a little too underpowered. xD

If the SMG goes away then I guess it'll be alright, but at the moment I feel that if anything the pistol needs a buff and if the SMG stays it needs a heavy nerf.

Many would argue that pistol is overpowered right now in deathmatch. Nobody would even bother to pick up the other guns in deathmatch because it fires faster than the live TF2 pewstol, and has better DPS than even the shotgun. The SMG (not sten) was considered even more useless because it did even less damage and couldn't even offer burst like the shotgun. As a result, pistol nerf and SMG buff.

The scout sten is getting scrapped, probably. Devs said it was just a test for their viewmodel system or something along those lines.

There are Secondary SMG and Sten Gun changes coming next version. Pistol nerfs were tried and reverted, we are not worried about its power level

@Habber I think I was just confused because we're talking about weapons in two different gamemodes with the same name and different stats haha. In the future I'll try to say DM (weapon name here) and Live (weapon name here) to keep us from confusing points.

Although I am a Sniper main: the fact that the Poacher's Pride can one-shot 7/9 non-overhealed classes is absurd. Furthermore, the lack of a scope hardly diminishes its potency as a ranged weapon.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(6449 Online 365 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom