[Character] Gunther; Oread; Slayer

Statboy

Resident Cueball
Submitted for everyone's approval. Doesn't get trapfinding till level 2 but otherwise has good skills, tracking, and frontline tank. Biggest drawback, fully armored he moves 15ft per rnd, so everybody slow down and wait for the Dwarf to catch up. I think that is offset by his +20ac at level 1 though. If anybody wants to make changes just holla.

In my opinion. I would put your stats at 17 / 14 / 12 / 12 / 17 / 10

if you insist on keeping his CHA at 5 I will expect you or whomever is going to be controlling Gunther to RP him properly. This campaign isn't just hack & slash and interactions with other people is expected (unless you plan on keeping him locked away whenever you aren't fighting and that will present its own problems)

In my opinion. I would put your stats at 17 / 14 / 12 / 12 / 17 / 10

if you insist on keeping his CHA at 5 I will expect you or whomever is going to be controlling Gunther to RP him properly. This campaign isn't just hack & slash and interactions with other people is expected (unless you plan on keeping him locked away whenever you aren't fighting and that will present its own problems)
Yah i was thinking about that, given his drawback i see him as quite hot tempered. I can switch out his racial things so that he appears very human, i think he would lose his +1 nat armor as the trade off.

Having him be hot tempered is fine. it will require work from the rest of the group to make sure he doesnt do things that will negatively impact you (or if you don't care then be prepared for the consequences).

Just remember you all have been warned about the racism that does exist in at least the first 2 modules.

Done, he is now mostly human, he appears human except for very minor differences (see the notes section). He loses his Terran language, and adds humanoid to his type. So for purposes of being hit with spells, he is both humanoid and outsider.

Is there a reason you pumped up his wisdom specifically? why not drop wisdom and str back down to 18 and put some points into CON and INT

Is there a reason you pumped up his wisdom specifically? why not drop wisdom and str back down to 18 and put some points into CON and INT
Wisdom is both the trapfinding and tracking stat (perception and survival)
EDIT* thats also why i choose an Oread over a human +2str and wis

Yeah but it leaves your character weaker from a HP and fort save standpoint, you also lose out on more skill points, as well as all your knowledge checks don't get a bonus from int. And there is no drawback to dropping both STR and WIS down by 1 point to gain all that.

And by the time you are 8th level and put 1 point into each str and wisdom you could have bought either a headband or a belt of at least +2 WIS/STR if you don't find one sooner.

I meant more in that your modifier doesn't decrease any because you go from 19->18. It is still a +4. But then it frees up 6 more points in your point buy.

They're essentially rock dwarfs. with the nearly human racial thing, should I make him taller and skinnier?

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(8653 Online 699 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom