Hatred - Worth The Money?

Geoff

Sir "Let's Play"
This is more of an early review than anything, I've got a couple of hours into the game (nearing 3) but that should be enough to give a quick thoughts on the game.

For those of you who don't know what Hatred is: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatred_(video_game)

So far, the game is okay. I bought it wanting a game where I can just hop on and kill. While this game delivers on that, I feel like there aren't enough people. There are many instances where you gotta run a decent amount just to find a few people in a house or store. Then you run across a "side quest" that will have you kill 20 or so people in a bigger building.

Healing is only done through executions which can be done constantly to anyone you've already shot and is dying on the ground. Oh, and side quests are basically required because they give you respawn "tokens" and if you have none of those and die you gotta restart the entire level. And that's a pain in the ass.

So far I've done 3 maps I think? Home town, sewers, on a train and then I am at the end of the 4th level and kind of stuck because I gotta try and kill 50 or so cops that don't die easy. Oh, and I'm on the easiest difficulty. This game is NOT easy. On one hand I'm happy that it isn't easy because I'm sick of games being dumbed down for the masses (Diablo 3 for example). Think of it like Dark Souls. You aren't given any more mercy than what you show in the game =P

IIRC there are 4 difficulties (Easy, Medium, Hard, Extreme) and honestly, I don't see how anyone can do Extreme when I am already finding difficulty surviving against 40 cops in a station. But I can't wait to see someone play it on that difficulty and just dominate.

Right now, I'd say if you were interested in just killing people and blowing shit up, Hatred might be the game for you. Otherwise, I'd either wait for some really sweet mods to come out or for the price to go down. It's okay, but I don't think it was worth the $20 I spent on it, not yet.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48179 Members
(5379 Online 284 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom