How to open Unity3D files?

OK I found this program to do it. https://github.com/ata4/disunity

But it's all command prompt based. I have no idea how to input commands in command prompt. Oh mighty Pengu help me!

Usage
disunity -c <command> <file>
Note: depending on the platform, you may need to run disunity.bat (Windows) or disunity.sh (Linux/MacOS). In case the launch script fails, try java -jar disunity.jar.

Commands
dump - Converts the asset file to plain text, similar to the binary2text tool shipped with the Unity editor.

dump-struct - Like dump, but just for the data structure.

extract - Extracts supported asset content and stores it in regular files. Default command if the -c parameter is omitted.

extract-raw - Extracts the raw serialized binary data from the asset.

learn - Learns the structure from an Unity webplayer bundle (*.unity3d) and stores any new structs in the database file structdb.dat. Its data is required to deserialize standalone asset files, which usually don't contain any structure data.

info - Outputs various information for assets and asset bundle files.

info-stats - Outputs class usage statistics for asset files.

unbundle - Extracts Unity webplayer bundles (*.unity3d).

fixrefs - Fixes shared asset references in extracted scene files by converting relative to absolute paths so they can be opened with the Unity editor correctly.

Note: If the shared assets are moved to a different folder, the scene needs to be fixed again.

split - Attempts to split an asset file into multiple smaller asset files.

list - Lists all objects and files in a tabular form.

Other parameters
Run disunity with the -h parameter for further usage.

Command prompt is somewhat easy if you are used to linux terminals.

1. Open Command Prompt

The command cd is for Changing Directory
example:
cd Documents

2. Navigate to the directory containing disunity

For a file, you will need a directory and the file with extension. An example "C:\Users\Karl\Documents\test.txt"

3. type disunity -c (yourcommandhere such as dump) "C:\..."

4. press enter

5. things will display in the command prompt

6. respond to any questions the program asks

7. kaboom! You are probably done. If not repeat 3-6 for each file.

But you can still make unity standalone games without a browser. Or is it coded om some kind of "fake" browser.
I suspect the web browser method is probably the easiest and most cross-platform way to decompile the asset files.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48182 Members
(8204 Online 532 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom