I need interesting words.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Iceh, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Iceh

Iceh Official VF4 Matchmaker

Hey I have a fun hobby of writing, I do quite enjoy hearing and learning new words. Can people post odd not common words that can mean anything from arm to space dust. I would also like to inform those interested to put nasty words to please not to, I wish to learn some not regret some. Thanks for taking time to read this and I hope to learn some new words.

My example of a word is

Sagacious :
    Having or showing keen mental discernment and good judgment; shrewd

2. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Ostentatious: Characterized by vulgar or pretentious display.

Magnanimous: Very generous or forgiving, esp. toward a rival or someone less powerful than oneself.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Iceh

Iceh Official VF4 Matchmaker

Those are really good o.o I am using the second one in the bio for the main character I have and as for the second I will keep in reserve.

4. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

Despondent: In low spirits from loss of hope or courage. Also, crestfallen and downtrodden.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (Lead Developer) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Nonplussed: surprised/confused to the point of being unsure how to react

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Insanity

Insanity Moderator of ALL the things VF4 Supporter

Extemporaneous: spoken or done without preparation, often used for public speaking

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Cheese4Everyone

Cheese4Everyone Ambassador to our Sentient Dairy-Based Overlords

Mawkish: Sentimental in a feeble or sickly way.

Tractable: Easily controlled.

Deleterious: Harmful.

Penurious: Extremely poor.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  8. Inflikted

Inflikted Achievement Hunter

some of my favorite
    Absquatulate - to leave in great haste
    Logolepsy - one who has an obsession with words :p lol, although I suppose this is more of a condition rather than a normal would to use in context of a sentence.
    Phenakism - the practice of being deceitful.
    Wroth - Full of Anger

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice