• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] I'd like to appeal a 10-year-old permaban.

Nrub'yodryth

Not a Noob
In-Game name: Nrub'yodryth (Chin Fish at the time)
Time of Ban: 22:10
Date of Ban: 11-01-12
Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:17766588 / 76561197995798905
Reason for Ban: VAC-detected cheats, according to the logs
Additional Comments:
I'm not able to play in TF2C's servers since I was banned from some old server for something in 2012. I can't remember the circumstances, but it says for cheating. I've never used cheats or hacks either now or way back then, and I've never had any VAC bans in any games. Honestly, I'd say it was most likely from doing some glitch or exploit from way back then. Regardless, I would argue 10 years is about long enough, if you agree. I'm actually pretty sure I appealed this ban here last year and was told I'd be unbanned, but that seems to have not been done.

Thanks.

EDIT: This was apparently posted more than once since I tried again after it gave a server error. Sorry...

Hi there!

Your ban appeal has been received, It's late here, but I'll look into it tomorrow to see if I can find any more details. The ban itself is probably even older than that since we inherited FreeFrag's ban list when VF4 formed. :)

Thanks for your patience!

Hi again,

Looks like this was an auto-ban from an old anti-cheat plugin. I've reversed it.

I don't see any record of your previous appeal, I'm sorry. Do you have any reference to an appeal post or who you spoke to? I'm interested to know how it slipped through the cracks.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(7236 Online 476 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom