Introducing: The Arcade Challenge! (Prize update!)

Discussion in 'News/Announcements' started by VintagePC, Jul 10, 2013.

1. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Some of you may have already seen and played in our shiny new Arcade.

Guess what? We're making it even more awesome! That's right!

Introducing: The Arcade Challenge

The idea is that each week will have a different arcade game "featured" as the challenge of the week. Your goal is to have the highest score at the end of the week. (Only scores that are submitted DURING that week count for the challenge... this is to give others a chance against those that may have lucked out with their score).

The game of the week, leaderboard, and last week's winner may be found by clicking the 'Arcade Challenge' tab above the shoutbox, OR at the top of the arcade page.

Development Fast Track Alert!
    Just to make sure things are behaving properly, the "week" has been shortened to "a day" while we work out any kinks in the system... so for now, you're lucky enough to have a DAILY arcade challenge. Get your trigger finger warmed up!

Prizes?!?
    You read right... we are thinking _very_ hard about giving away prizes to the challenge winner each week. No, you won't get $50 steam games or anything, but who knows... keep your ears tuned, I'll post more info once I'm happy with how the challenge setup is running.

Enjoy!

2. T3C Illuzion (VF4)

T3C Illuzion (VF4) Well-Known Member

O_0 i seriously suck at tetris, which is hard for me to say.

3. VintagePC

VintagePC GodModePC (One-man Show) VF4-S (Server Operator) Forum Operator Minecraft Operator Global Moderator Staff Member DMC Tester Jailbreak Admin TF2L developer

Lol. Used to be good at the win3.1 version... the flash one not so much. Screw up once and it's all downhill from there :D

4. LavaRed

LavaRed Community Manager VF4-S (Server Operator) Staff Member

I'm hard pressed to find someone that can beat my tetris scores on any system :p

5. VintagePC

OK folks, I'm pleased to report that after watching things and fixing a few bugs, I think we're ready to make this "real"!

What that means is it will now be a weekly thing, and each week's winner will get a prize, just as soon as I finish coding in that little bit of stuff ;)

The winner will receive 1 month of free supporter perks - in game and in-forum. We may mix things up and also give out a steam game once in a while as well.

I'll post back here again once the prize system is in place, should be soon. If you don't want to check back in this thread, watch the "arcade challenge" panel, it will also have a note when this is the case.

6. VintagePC

Update: Perks prizes are NOW ACTIVE! The winner of this week's challenge onward will receive a free month of perks! (provided my code works as intended :D)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice