Iron Man 3 - Huge Disappointment (spoilers)

Geoff

Sir "Let's Play"

So, when I first saw the trailer for Iron Man 3, I had no idea who the fuck the villain was. Hell, you can probably find the topic on these forums where I ask "Who the fuck is the villain in this one?". Turns out, it's the Mandarin. Now, looking him up I was very excited. He's a guy with 10 rings, all of which have their own powers.

Do we see any of this? NO. We see some random people glow red because they are...made of fire? I don't even know. One of them breathes fire at some point, wooh? Fuck that. Fuck this movie.

Seeing as I'm not a huge Iron Man fan, let me put it this way. This movie would be like if they said the new Spider Man movie was giving us Doc. Ock as the villain and we get a 2 hour movie where we see no fucking robot arms attacking anything. It would probably be a fun movie, up until we get no real Doc Ock action. That's how this movie was.

Don't tease me with 10 magic power rings that basically make a guy a god and then not let him do anything in the movie. At all. Fuck you.

This movie is solely based on the Extremis storyline with some changes here and there. Most of the 3 Iron Man movies have taken bits from the Extremis comics and this is the first one fully going into it. They did take a lot of liberties with it though by making Killian the bad guy and I was really surprised that they made Maya kind of a bad guy. The whole Mandarin thing was just a misdirection for the trailers really, though I do find it a little dirty.

If you have never read the Extremis comics they do have a motion comic that you can watch on either Amazon Instant or Netflix, you should really check it out.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(8822 Online 624 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom