[The Elder Scrolls] Just got back into Skyrim Modding Again

Discussion in 'Archives' started by Arron Dominion, Nov 27, 2013.

1. Arron Dominion

Arron Dominion Achievement Hunter

So I just recently got back into Skyrim modding. To get back into the modding groove, I touched Morthal's Ghastly Mine and Skooma Bear making compatibility changes and added more guards that you can purchase for Morthal's Ghastly Mine.

I have two projects right now, one of them is adding a massive update for Pneuma Manor, and the other is a playroom which showcases each different type of player home item or problem I have encountered and is going to be a modding resource once there are a lot of different situations shown (such as setting up a display rack, one with a weapon already on it, setting up a usable bookcase, etc)

I do have screenshots for Pneuma Manor, although I have not touched the surface for the project yet. I am currently working on adding a balcony (done), adding a secret lair (30% done) that can function as another house if you want, adding quest for the new area (0% complete), adding a few new/cool features such as a machine that summons critters/monster/npc for soul trapping (5% complete). Here are some screenshots of this:

Unique Weapon Racks
    [​IMG]

Balcony (screen 1)
    [​IMG]

Balcony (screen 2)
    [​IMG]

Entrance to Balcony
    [​IMG]

Summoning Contraption
    [​IMG]

There is much more than these screenshots can convey, but the area is not lit and complete which would detract from the final vision for the main lair area. Will post more when I have more to show.

2. Arron Dominion

So I started tackling the lighting animal for the area I am working on for Pneuma Manor, and I have stuff to show as a result. You might notice a few cool/odd things as we go:

Complete vanilla-Skyrim book collection
    [​IMG]

One of the new books for this mod
    [​IMG]

View from the collection to the opposite end
    [​IMG]

Library Balcony (still WIP)
    [​IMG]

Bookcase Maze
    [​IMG]

Library Weapon/Armor Display Section
    [​IMG]

Custom Weapon Racks in Action
    [​IMG]

Did I mention the lights can turn off?
    [​IMG]

Would have finished off all of it, but it is late. Will probably have more for tomorrow.

3. Reechard

Reechard Server Admin VF4-S (Server Operator) Minecraft Operator Staff Member Minecraft Admin

oh man, that library would keep me busy for hoooours. I love that lore.

4. Arron Dominion

What you cannot see in those screenshots is new books that are either written entirely by me or edited to fit the mod lore (without giving away any mod lore). Finished the important light switches and have more to show. This area is 3-stories with the first set of images coming from the third story. I hope the entity limit does not work against me for finishing this area in my original vision since I am sitting at 117.30 MB/157 MB.

Now onto the screenshots!:
    Entrance to the area
    [​IMG]

Looking up towards the Library Balcony from Entrance
    [​IMG]

Stairs to the right of the entrance
    [​IMG]

Stairs to the left of the entrance
    [​IMG]

Looking at ground floor from 3rd
    [​IMG]

The following are related to the ground floor:

Enchanting Area
    [​IMG]

Alchemy Area
    [​IMG]

Spell Area
    [​IMG]

Blacksmith Area
    [​IMG]

Herbalist Area
    [​IMG]

Reading Spot
    [​IMG]

Still will be working on this, and won't post any screenshots until the next major update to this mod.

5. Snuffles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Snuffles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Achievement Hunter

Excuse my ignorance, but what do you use to mod Skyrim? I mean i USE mods i just don't know how people MAKE them.

6. Arron Dominion

The Creation Kit is used for Skyrim mod creation. This is the wiki for the tools, which has instructions on the front page for how to install the kit with Steam: http://www.creationkit.com/

7. Snuffles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Snuffles ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Achievement Hunter

OH i wasn't aware they gave you the tools to make mods with the game. I love when companies do that. lol

8. lonesome killer

lonesome killer Banhammered

Yeah Snuffles PC companies love their customers. Console companies think everyone is a dirty cheater and has convinced them that modding is the same as hacking.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice