• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Acknowledged] Lag cheats

chadful

Not a Noob
In-Game name: the_J_d0c
Time of Day: around 7AM or 8AM
Date: 27.06.2022
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:508793108
Reason for Ban Request: Lag cheats
Link to Demo or other evidence: https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1imE98IPg79vs9Z7Q1611QP55V1_hR88e?usp=sharing
Additional Comments:

I was playing arena as sniper and started dying to him, I got frustrated because he kept lagging every time we would engage in a fight and he was really difficult to hit. It kept happening and it caught my attention, I've seen lag cheats many times in my 7500h and 10 years of experience in TF2, even in comp and I remember one time in particular when the enemy demoman kept lagging like this so we stopped scrimming against that team and so did other teams and all of a sudden, their demoman stopped having 'router issues'. Anyway, about the actual cheat, the guy can move and aim normally on his end, everything is fine but for everyone else he is teleporting around. Usually when I see this, the person is lagging and teleporting constantly but for this guy it happens in like intervals, every few seconds he teleports for a lil bit whilst being able to aim and shoot and go around corners just fine so the actual 'lagging' is only experienced by everyone else, not him. I'm not 100% sure if he is actually cheating/exploiting because usually the 'lagging' and teleporting is constant while with this guy it happens on an interval. Either way, it's extremely unfun to fight him when he starts teleporting, even if he is legit, I don't think it's a good experience for everyone else to have to deal with his teleporting. (and ofc it didn't happen just a few times, literally for his entire stay on the server)

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. I'll do my best to review this report in the next day or so. What you are describing does indeed sound suspicious - if there is sufficient evidence to warrant taking action against the reported player then we will certainly do so.

~VintagePC

Last edited:

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48185 Members
(8199 Online 455 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom