[League of Legends] [LoL] ARAM Map Re-design and Matchmaking!

Brother Ariman

Grand Moderator of Noxus
Hey Gang,

It’s been a while since I first talked to you guys about making ARAM an official gameplay mode, and today I’ve got something awesome to share with you. For the past few months I’ve been working with an exceptional team of artists to create a space that’s an appropriate setting for both the epic battles that occur in ARAM and within the world of Runeterra at large. As a result, we’ve completely reworked the Proving Grounds and, in effect, created something entirely new.

Now, instead of fighting on a random bridge over a black void, you’ll be fighting on the Howling Abyss, an ancient landmark in Freljord where the Iceborn finally overthrew their oppressors and sent them tumbling into the chasm below. As you might have guessed from these mysterious journals, there’s more (a lot more!) our story team would love to tell you Freljord – but for now, you’ll have to wait.

Anyway, work is still ongoing on the map, and it’s yet a few patches away from release but we just wanted to invite you guys in a bit earlier than normal to get your thoughts as we begin to polish it up. The environment team will be actively reading the forum and looking for your feedback, so please let us know what you think!

Additionally I wanted to let you guys know that we are actively working on an official matchmaking queue for ARAM and plan to launch it with the map when it’s ready. The queue isn’t currently enabled on PBE as there’s still a good bit of tech work that needs to be resolved to handle the number of players on the environment, but we’re fully committed to giving you guys the best experience that we can. So with that, check out the map and explore what we’ve created; who knows, maybe you’ll even find some surprises!

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(9631 Online 755 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom