Looking for moving advice

If you use a moving company, don't forget to tip.
Pack as efficiently as possible and pack early
If you are moving into your own apartment, be prepared to drop a lot of money on the move (First and Last month's rent, Moving Company, Buying new shit, etc...)

Moving is a great time to purge the junk out of your life. Chances are, if you haven't used it in any way for the past year, you're not ever going to. Get rid of it before you pack for less headache at the new place, and less packing!

Moving is a great time to purge the junk out of your life. Chances are, if you haven't used it in any way for the past year, you're not ever going to. Get rid of it before you pack for less headache at the new place, and less packing!
This. you'll be surprised how much crap you amass. Don't just ask yourself if you want to keep it as you'll be saying far more yes than you think. Instead, start asking yourself whether it's of any real use and if you'd miss it.

I'd recommend not using a moving company unless you HAVE to. Moving across state lines will really jack up the price for them.

I'd recommend not using a moving company unless you HAVE to. Moving across state lines will really jack up the price for them.

Yeah, until you have to move your bed, your couch, your dresser, your other dresser, your coffee table, your entertainment center, Your dining room table, appliances. If you are moving into your own place for the first time, chances are you don't have all this stuff. But if you are moving from apartment to apartment, just pay someone else to do it. Plus if they break it, they replace it.

What I've done is to rent my own U-Haul (as they let you drop off anyway for a small extra charge) in the morning, had a moving company come to help me load it, then drove it myself and hired another moving company to help me unload the truck once I got to where I was going. Also moving companies are known for theft so tape down all boxes well.

How would I bring my car?
1. Friend
2. Uhaul your stuff over, take uhaul back to where you rented it, drive car over. (good since they can charge an extra fee if the return location differs from the starting location)
3. If your car can tow, rent the trailer type.

2. Uhaul your stuff over, take uhaul back to where you rented it, drive car over.
Yes, gonna drive 900 miles one way, 900 back, then 900 again. :p

The trailer seems like a good option. Only problem is having a 10' truck + another 10-15 feet for a car. That's a long car and I've never drove anything that long.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48179 Members
(7433 Online 493 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom