Natural Selection 2

Little bit more than 40 hours played. I enjoy it a fair bit. Only really stopped playing lately because of being involved in a few things in tf2 but i plan on going back soon. Aliens are a bit hard to grasp at first, i highly suggest watching someone that is decent at it. http://www.twitch.tv/garfu He plays and streams a lot and is fairly good at the game. First thing i suggest you do when you get it is to browse the workshop for crosshairs that show up for melee. Makes skulking a lot easier.

Not at all. There are two teams, the aliens and the marines. They can both be played by players. There are two overall parts to this game though, command view (1 commander per team) which basically turns it into kind of like sc2. Then there is the fps view where you are a marine building things, shooting things, getting upgrades etc...

Well it can be compared to L4D in a way but it pre-dates L4D by a fair bit. Humans are all about the point and clicking. Aliens have a more melee based approach with a few specialized aliens such as Onos(tank would be the L4D equiv), Skulk(hunter), Gorge(spitter), Lerk(smoker), and Fade would be like an evolved hunter that could phase through time and space. It boasts a fairly asymmetric play style especially for the commanders. The marines live for the commander, and marine commanding is fairly active. The Hive on the other hand lives for the swarm, and alien commander while still active is like playing an evil gardener raising horrible monsters to kill the humans.

I played the first one a lot in college. Assuming it is relatively similar with only improved graphics and interface, this game should be awesome!

The only reason I haven't bought it is that I don't want to spend $30 on a game I don't have much time to play :/

Maybe if it goes on sale for like 50% off in the next couple months, I'll get it.

I'm with you Corrupt.
This looks like a lot of fun and there's lots of.. interestingly weird things about it. I also like the view from inside the mouth.
I'd love to be a big set of teeth.

That's also a great video, I laughed.

If it goes on sale I will definitely considering buying it. Until then it is on my wish list.

Bought a 4-pack when it was on the flash sale, super worth it. It requires a lot more strategy and communication than the average fps to succeed.

I have it and been having a lot of fun playing it. Played the first one and they are very similar just with upgrades all around. Definitely worth the money

I find myself torn between preferring smaller servers (16) or larger (24). The smaller ones have a much more tactical feel and more potential for organized play, but can feel super slow paced. Larger servers feel a lot more chaotic and less organized, but are full of action.

Regardless though, base rushers are assholes.

Can we host this? I would start subbing if we had a server. (Yes Vintage, I know it is work, and if I knew a damn thing about how the hell NS2 servers worked I would be more than glad to help).

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(8822 Online 624 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom