Oh, good...

moo_d

Thought of you guys when working on my gig laptop this morning. :cry
11350545_921980574514619_5572542703514454689_n.jpg

I.... Upgrade that thing, man. Poor little computer. Get it an SSD too, they're getting cheap.

My little laptop is quite the trooper! It survived surgery (even though I managed to forget reattaching the screen the first time around) with half of it's 4GB of DDR2 and every ribbon cable. This DELL :rolleyes: is going to have many more years running Lake Controller and Studio Manager.

In all seriousness, though, this thing has spent months on my shelf because it wouldn't boot. It's a Precision M2300 with serial and firewire I/O, which I need on occasion depending on where I'm working. It doesn't need to run anything intensive, just remote control software - which the Quadro won't have any trouble running. I will be updating it to Win7 from (shocker) XP. I got it for free, and my current laptop (a newer ideapad) only has USB, HDMI and Ethernet - which means most everything works, but not without adaptors and workarounds. I took it apart and cleaned the dust out on my quest to isolate the problem, but hopefully won't have to open it up or spend any more on it (so far, zero is a good number).

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(7975 Online 624 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom