Path of Exile - Still Average

Geoff

Sir "Let's Play"

To sum up the video, I don't hate the game. It's okay. But honestly, the loot so far sucks ass. The combat fails in the beginning. And I remember the last time I played, fighting the Act 1 boss solo was IMPOSSIBLE. Playing with others isn't a bad thing, but the game barely lets you even attempt solo.

So far, beginning fails compared to D3. Maybe it gets better as it goes along...

I solo'ed first boss so idk (shadow class). Loot is a variable thing even in d3 you could have gotten shit for loot the entire first act or so. Besides this game isn't so SUPER reliant on your gear its all about passives. PoE isn't the best but its free and there isn't the chance for it to ruin a franchise of games for me.

Loot is a variable thing even in d3

Yes, but champions/uniques and even minibosses actually drop stuff. I could go through with each class right now and I'll find something on every character. So far, my guy has found jack shit. Not super reliant on gear? I call BS. Being a free game doesn't give it a pass when it fucks up on things.

D3 only ruined the franchise if you hyped it up. It is a good game, the story is still good with few plot holes. People just exaggerate.

i prefer poe over d3 to be honest it just suits me more and i have found 3 uniques so far 2 of which where useful and im level 8 and just beyond what you showed in that video(atm going into the prison when i took my break) and sure on graphics poe falls behind but they dont have a multi million dollar budget to make the best engine and get the best graphics and such
and im not really reliant on gear my energy shield and life regen keep me alive and on the odd chance i have to pop a potion any fight will be over and sure being a ranger with poison arrow makes it easy but still i have to run quite often something i never had to do in d3 till i was way further into the game

to me poe just seems a lot more fun rough yes but more fun sure it has a lot of work to do but come on its beta 0.10/0.11 so give it a break im sure that in d3 in early beta half the stuff wasnt in yet or balanced yet

The graphics aren't an issue (although you can only do medium or high...), it's really the art style that isn't that great. And I'm playing the Witch (aka mage) so I gotta do my best to stay out of harms way. Kind of a pain when the combat is bad.

Also, the whole "it's beta" crap stopped working long ago. It was last AUGUST when I played and people told me the same thing. And honestly, I had high hopes then. But now? It's February and the same issues I had back then are still there. They obviously are leaving those issues alone.

Again, not a horrible game. I'm nearing the Act 1 boss that I'll have to get a team to help me with again, and it's still enjoyable enough to play.

the art style is more dark more to the old style of rts games back around 1996-2005 which to be honest in my opinion is better and combat isnt that bad just to many enemies sometimes so aoe is a must i think :p

i have seen a game that was in beta for 4 years and they fixed things that where broken for 2 years long at release date as they werent game stopping bugs so im sure that in time they will get fixed so who knows maybe they are leaving them alone for now or maybe they just have other things to fix/add first before fixing minor issues that some people have who knows really

id say if you wanna play a game that looks great yet once you dive deep into it you realize its bugged up play sacred 2 as compared to sacred 2 poe is an excellent game :p

Was bored last night, installed PoE and started playing. Honestly better than I expected, although it leaves me wanting to reinstall Titan Quest for some reason.

Wish I could get into Titan Quest. I tried but god damn, early game is boring as all hell. =/

Is it really worth trying to get into? I'd be open to installing again for another go.

I enjoyed it a lot, especially was a fan of the skill system allowing to you make a hybrid character to fit you play style instead of having predefined classes. The base difficulty is pretty boring though, have to at least beat it once and play on the next level up.

Wish I could get into Titan Quest. I tried but god damn, early game is boring as all hell. =/

Is it really worth trying to get into? I'd be open to installing again for another go.

Once you get past the first area it gets a lot better.

instead of having predefined classes

I like classes. =( So much easier to start a game out with magic and spells rather than trying to find them later on in the game.

I like classes. =( So much easier to start a game out with magic and spells rather than trying to find them later on in the game.

There are classes, it's just that you choose a hybrid of several and allocate skill points into trees for whichever class you want to spec in more.

personally I've enjoyed POE, although I haven't had as much time to play it recently, I did try it a year ago during a closed beta and again recently during open. It has some pretty fun pvp modes/ladders they added since then which unfortunately is lacking in D3. The game is meant to be pretty dark, gritty looking an ode to D2 I suppose as the developers put it.
As far as items go, it is hard to compare with something like D3 in which it is a game entirely based on chance with little the player can do to put the odds in their favor aside from running harder levels of inferno mode which require more gear to begin with anyways so it kind of ends up being cyclical. With POE you can turn a crappy/ok item into something pretty good with the usage of sockets, and special items that can add sockets to any gear. I could go into great detail about socketing strategies to get the most out of your items but I'm sure you could easily google that if you were interested in getting the most out of your experience.
The same can be said with the skill tree if you know what you are doing, although that is fairly complex in itself.
For the average/starting player the game is extremely daunting unless you really study up on the game because there is little to no guidance in-game in regards to what the player needs to do to be achieving maximum DPS etc. It is a great game when it comes to customizing skills/items, no two characters will ever be alike, unlike D3 which has 1-2 builds/item sets that every single class uses and needs to go for to hit their max DPS. So as far as replay-ability goes there is a lot of future potential to the game for those that like to tinker around with their character trying something new.

Well, you do not start out with skills, but a few levels in you pick a skill set and then a bit later get to pick another and choose which skills within those sets you level up to match your play style.

Well, you do not start out with skills, but a few levels in you pick a skill set and then a bit later get to pick another and choose which skills within those sets you level up to match your play style.

to explain a bit more what he says here are 2 pics

http://img.tomshardware.com/de/2006/06/30/titan_quest/titan_quest_master-skill6big.jpg
that one shows when you get your first skill point and you have to select 1 of 8 masteries

http://www.titanquest-fr.com/images/preview/Preview_mastery_tree_2006-05-23_02-08-55-60.png
has the skill tree like most other games for unlocking skils :3

so its pretty much predefined still but you can mess around and make an hunter who can use earth magic or a spirit warrior (spirit and warfare)

but cd you are not alone on wanting to play titan quest again as when i stopped playing poe after my first 9 hours of playing none stop first thing i did was install tq and play that for a other 5 hours straight on ^_^

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6998 Online 467 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom