[Out Of Character] PbP Rules Clarifications

Discussion in 'Ruins of Azlant' started by theLumberJack, Jun 25, 2020.

1. theLumberJack

theLumberJack Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

Thought it might be a good idea to have a thread for any rules clarification related to the game being PbP.

How will we handle abilities that are immediate reactions that effect dice rolls? Example:

2. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

I was thinking about making a thread for this as well to bring up some lesser known water rules. Such as you take -2 penalty with slashing and bludgeoning weapons. You need a concentration DC 15+ spell lvl to cast underwater. Plus an additional caster lvlcheck DC 20+ spell lvl if its a fire spell.

As for the example LJ listed, im going to be liberal in allowing retcons, but i do need timely or pre-emptive posts saying they will be used. Im also going to have a cheat sheet sheet of actions each pc can take on another persons turn.

• Like Like x 1
  3. theLumberJack

Thinking about taking Dual Cursed and having Deep One and Deaf. Can I lip read following the old PFS FAQ?

4. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Yes that is fine, being deaf also gives a negative to perception and makes casting more difficult. I'll need to refresh myself on those rules.

5. theLumberJack

For the oracle curse I would get -4 to initiative as well as sound based perception checks.

The curse states the Oracle does not have any problem casting and gains the Silent Spell feat for all casting without increasing spell level or casting time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Statboy

Statboy Resident Cueball

Now that we are in combat, please post your movement as Starting and Ending (ie S: G46, E: H44) using the grid.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Alkonost

Alkonost Not a Noob

^apologies I missed this post, will be sure to annotate in the future!

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice