• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] Perma-Muted unfairly.

Basurado

In-Game name: Basurado
Time of Ban: 6:50 EST
Date of Ban: 3/12/22
Steam ID: [U:1:859429927]
Reason for Ban: Spam in voice chat.
Additional Comments: I do not believe what I've done was considered spamming, annoying or disruptive to anyone in the server at the time.

Hello, I have been permanently muted for using a soundboard which was considered "micspamming". I do not believe it was fair, as the soundboard I was using are just small clips of Ellis from Left 4 Dead 2. All voice clips that I use are from Left 4 Dead 2 itself, no parts of the voice clips were edited for the purpose of being disruptive or irritating. Everyone on the server was fine with it, none of them had any problem with it. I have posted a link of footage of the event so you can hear the voice clips that is considered "micspam". I apologize for the music in the background.

This is not the first time I was muted for something similar. Same thing happened. I was muted because I was using an Ellis soundboard which again, was not considered annoying or disruptive. No one in the server was telling me to stop, they didn't mind it. I have posted another link of the event, and I apologize if the video is short, since I have deleted the raw footage due to storage space.

Forgot to add this, since I was debating whether this information would fit to this situation, but I would like to add some context to the first video at 2:00. I have two videos uploaded where again, I was using an Ellis soundboard, which did not annoy anyone in the server, rather, to the point where the people in the server had played along with it. The footage I have posted would be in order as to when the event happened. Again, I apologize for the music in both videos. For the second video, you may quit watching the video after 1:30, since after that, the video does not have anything to do with this situation. Again, apologies for the edited clips, as I have deleted the raw footage due to storage space.

Last edited:
Hi there!

Your ban appeal has been received and I will review the details and get back to you shortly. usually this is within 24-48h but the coming week has a lot on my plate so I will apologize in advance if it takes a little longer than that.

Hi there!

Your ban appeal has been received and I will review the details and get back to you shortly. usually this is within 24-48h but the coming week has a lot on my plate so I will apologize in advance if it takes a little longer than that.
Thank you for the response, take as much time as you need.

I apologize for the extended delay. I will definitely have some time this weekend to review now that the work week is over.

OK - I sat down and reviewed our SourceTV capture of the session during which you were muted. I'm inclined to agree it wasn't particularly spammy or obnoxious.

Given the wide variety of things people tend to do over voice audio, our staff do often have to exercise some judgement in what is or is not considered spam; it is only natural people will have differing opinions on things that fall somewhere in between blatant spam and normal voice chat usage. I'll make some internal recommendations to help clarify on situations like these.

Per the above I'll be removing the permanent ban. Thanks again for your patience in waiting for me to have some time to get around to this.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48178 Members
(9170 Online 882 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom