Remove HLStats from TF2Classic Servers.

Tea♥

Noob
So, recently, HLStats, a form of stat-tracking, has been added to tf2classic servers. And is now in full-swing. While I like stat-tracking on games such as left 4 dead, I feel like this has no place on your servers, and only consists to create clutter and is overall unnecessary. Many other players on the server have expressed the same disliking towards this stat track system. It encourages boosting for points and takes away focus from the game by flooding chat with stat notifications. I believe many players look at vaultf4 tf2c servers as the valve counterpart; they have no unnecessary addons -- you know what to expect when joining. Such an addon has only created annoyance, and should henceforth be revoked.

Stats messages can (soon) be disabled on a personal basis. I'm working on resolving a bug with steamid3 vs steamid2 and once that is complete then those who do not wish to see the messages can easily switch them off via the hlx_menu command.
I'll follow up when that work is complete.

The issue has been resolved, you can now easily disable the points messages with the hlx menu or with the command "hlx_display 0"

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6549 Online 432 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom