Searching for a book.

Geoff

Sir "Let's Play"
Roommate found it ages ago for me, and I've forgotten so hopefully someone here can figure it out.

I think "window" is in the title somewhere. Short title. The story revolves around like 6 people who are taking a trip to the mountains to ski. During the trip, the main character (I believe her name is Linda?) gets injured and is in a wheelchair for most of the book. Eventually she spends most of her time looking out her window with binoculars. She accidentally witnesses a murder but can't see who did what because it was dark out, unfortunately, the killer saw her watching.

Oh, I remember the cover perfectly. It's the view from the outside, looking into a window where 2 women silhouettes are fighting (one jabbing a finger at the other) and there are bloody icicles outside.

It bothers me that I know this much but can't figure out the title! It's probably just "The Window" or something...

So...I found it...

The TV show castle did a great parody episode of that book, it was S5E19 The lives of others. Worth a watch

That storyline sounds soo familiar... probably because it's got elements from a lot of better known classics.

Namely - Stephen King's Misery, and Hitchcock's "Rear Window"/Woolrich's "It had to be murder" (that's what the castle episode is "officially" a parody of). The former has been done by Family guy as well - so it's all over pop culture.

Castle... Such a good show. Too bad they renewed it after a perfect perfect ending so it can't go anywhere but downhill.

Castle... Such a good show. Too bad they renewed it after a perfect perfect ending so it can't go anywhere but downhill.
Kinda the exact opposite of the other show Nathan Fillion is known for (Firefly), the second half of this last season was actually really good.

Thought I edited my post to say the name...

It's called The Window, it's by Carol Ellis. I know I have it lying around the house somewhere...

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(9711 Online 669 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom