Server set up.

I would really like to make and maintain a Team Fortress 2 Classic server, but the site that had instructions on it no longer works.
If someone with experience could tell me how to create a server properly that would be amazing. I have no idea what I'm doing wrong, I really need help.

<font face="Arial, Verdana" style="font-weight: normal; font-family: Arial, Verdana; font-size: 10pt; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; line-height: normal;">It appears the website that was hosting the instructions and server files (http://lastmetro.co.uk/tf2c/) is offline. There are no cached copies of the page to conjure up either. I know when I setup the server for Fragfrog.net, it was fairly simple to do. Let me take a look at my server and see if I can work backwards to explain how it's done for you. Unless of course, someone coughs up the old instructions.</font>

What I'm going to have to do for you is make a copy of my server files, 7zip those up and put them up somewhere for download. I'm currently working on that now. I'm just hoping I'm not doing all this only to later have a dev chime in with "Sorry, didn't notice the website was down or this thread. Was too busy watching Chinese cartoon girl pantsu quest episode 3. Here's the official files." :)
<b>EDIT</b>:
Here's the link to download the server files I created. I've stripped all the Fragfrog.net related files, so this is barebones. Just extract the contents of the archive to your C:\ (you should have "C:\srcds\tf2classic..."). Create a short-cut on your desktop that has a Target of "C:\srcds\start.bat" the Start in: should be "C:\srcds" and that's it. Let me know if you need any further help with this.

Damn even with your help i cant get this server up,i port forwarded using a tutorial and i cant get it to work. I dont know what im doing wrong.

Are you trying to run a TF2C server on a Home Network? Or is it an actual Server somewhere? Also, what sort of problems are you have specifically? Error messages?

I'm trying to set up a server on my computer so that people can connect to it from the internet. It's just that no one can connect to it.I have no idea what I'm Doing wrong, I still have no idea if I'm port forwarding correctly either.

Servers on Home Networks has never been appealing to me, so I've historically avoided them all together. My ISP is Time Warner and they can barely cough up enough bandwidth to check email. Unfortunately, my Home Network-Fu isn't strong, maybe someone else can help in regards to that. I think you can even follow the many guides that address port forwarding and such for Source based servers from Google or the Steam Community. Good luck! 

Thanks a lot for all youre help!!! :D i'm mainly just setting this up so me and friends can do dumb shit and not have to hijack the other servers

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48185 Members
(7771 Online 402 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom