So I've encountered a graphics error...

moo_d

Been playing on my Dad's computer a lot recently. Not sure what on earth causes this, but it seems to be an issue with the sync to the display clock, if I had to guess. Only happens when I'm in full screen. Attached is the pic to show you what I mean- had to keep it full res to make my point.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/gfxtrouble1.png

Any ideas?

EDIT: Forgot my hardware model. It's either a Radeon 6770 or 6790.

The only glitch I see is that you appear to be starting a game in a Tiny Map.... Look at your screenshot from another machine, and if you still see the bug there, give it a big red circle?

Okay. I see what you're talking about now. that is bizarre. I'll check when I get home from work and see if that happens on my machine.

(also, play on a huge 5 star map, lots more challenging and fun.)

After looking at the two images for another minute, I have something to try. Turn off AA in the video driver control panel, dont change ANYTHING in the game settings.

That's what I thought, but I only tried in the game. I'll check that. And it happens in all of my full screen games, not just Sins. (I don't have the brainpower for the 5 star map quite yet, but I have my own personal one. And, if you want, I'll play you head on sometime (and loose proudly. ;) )

Good catch, Razer. Morphological filtering (dafuq was it doing anyway?) is now turned off, and it appears to be doing the trick. Thanks a bunch.

I should really fix this avatar of mine.

Glad that the easy fix did the trick.

I still get my ass handed to me 50% of the time on a 5 star map, but damn is it fun!

I've always found it irritating to have to manage that many planets and as much resource income as you get, though. Tends to become unspendable after a certain point. Plus, it's harder for the map to "force" you into combat, I think. Except on random maps. On random maps, they ALWAYS place the arctics on one half and the lavas on the other. Fucking BS if you ask me.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48186 Members
(6449 Online 365 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom