So I've encountered a graphics error...

Discussion in 'Tech Chat' started by moo_d, Aug 5, 2013.

1. moo_d

moo_d Well-Known Member

Been playing on my Dad's computer a lot recently. Not sure what on earth causes this, but it seems to be an issue with the sync to the display clock, if I had to guess. Only happens when I'm in full screen. Attached is the pic to show you what I mean- had to keep it full res to make my point.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/gfxtrouble1.png

Any ideas?

EDIT: Forgot my hardware model. It's either a Radeon 6770 or 6790.

2. Razer

Razer Achievement Hunter Member from long ago...

The only glitch I see is that you appear to be starting a game in a Tiny Map.... Look at your screenshot from another machine, and if you still see the bug there, give it a big red circle?

3. moo_d

moo_d Well-Known Member

Better yet- I'll give you two new pictures to outline exactly what I'm talking about.

Compare fullscreen: http://filesmelt.com/dl/gfxtrouble2.png
    With windowed: http://filesmelt.com/dl/gfxtrouble3.png

See how in full screen everything seems to be misaligned? It looks like clock and sync error to me, but it's in the graphics card, not the monitor.

Btw- thumbs up for the tiny map thing.

4. Razer

Okay. I see what you're talking about now. that is bizarre. I'll check when I get home from work and see if that happens on my machine.

(also, play on a huge 5 star map, lots more challenging and fun.)

5. Razer

After looking at the two images for another minute, I have something to try. Turn off AA in the video driver control panel, dont change ANYTHING in the game settings.

6. moo_d

moo_d Well-Known Member

That's what I thought, but I only tried in the game. I'll check that. And it happens in all of my full screen games, not just Sins. (I don't have the brainpower for the 5 star map quite yet, but I have my own personal one. And, if you want, I'll play you head on sometime (and loose proudly. ;) )

7. moo_d

moo_d Well-Known Member

Good catch, Razer. Morphological filtering (dafuq was it doing anyway?) is now turned off, and it appears to be doing the trick. Thanks a bunch.

I should really fix this avatar of mine.

8. Razer

Glad that the easy fix did the trick.

I still get my ass handed to me 50% of the time on a 5 star map, but damn is it fun!

9. moo_d

moo_d Well-Known Member

I've always found it irritating to have to manage that many planets and as much resource income as you get, though. Tends to become unspendable after a certain point. Plus, it's harder for the map to "force" you into combat, I think. Except on random maps. On random maps, they ALWAYS place the arctics on one half and the lavas on the other. Fucking BS if you ask me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice