Sony Animation

CaptSpiffy

Best Moderator NA
Apparently Sony Animation is almost, if not more of a pile of dicks than Sony Online Entertainment and Sony Computer Entertainment.

Sony Pictures (“SPE”) have posted jobs on their site for storyboard artists and visual development artists, but you might want to read the terms closely before you apply. Mark Mayerson did, and his analysis suggests you may want to look elsewhere for work:
[…] Sony takes ownership of your portfolio material when you apply for the job. If you are submitting samples of work you have done for other companies, Sony wants you to assign the rights to them. You clearly don’t have the authority to do that for work you don’t own, so that means that you are not legally allowed to show Sony work you’ve done for other companies. Sort of defeats the purpose of a submission portfolio, doesn’t it? What’s clearly disturbing though, is that any original work in your portfolio becomes their property. This does not depend on whether they hire you or not, they get ownership because you applied.

There's more here: http://blog.drawn.ca/post/36147847020/does-sony-pictures-own-your-art-portfolio

But seriously, fuck these guys. I know that work is hard to find, ESPECIALLY in art fields, but this is so fucked up, it's not even funny.

Hey, at least sony doesn't ask you for your facebook password... *ducks the incoming bombardment of bricks*

Oh, wait, they'd probably want ownership of that too.

Can they even legally do that?

If I changed the T&C of VF4 to say by using this place I can come to your house and take your stuff, doesn't absolve me from the fact that I'd still be stealing. And I'd still go to prison for it.

Music CD rootkits, Remove Other OS from PS3, now this... Sony should start a Coffin Nail factory. They seem to be doing all right at that so far...

Dear Sony Animation, What were you thinking when coming up with that contact.
I can understand keeping current development project under wraps but artists have of all have rights to their artwork no matter the contact.

That sums up what I think of their copyright rule.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48183 Members
(5852 Online 315 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom