• Please DO NOT post in a ban contest thread unless you are:
    1. The person banned or posting a ban request.
    2. Senior Staff.
    This is necessary to keep threads on-topic and uncluttered. Thank you.

If you don't know why you were banned, you probably broke one of our server rules. Most bans are temporary except in the case of gross violations or repeated infractions.

[Resolved] TF2C Ban Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Güven

Noob
In-Game name: DanTimson
Time of Day: 22:30-22:45 PM, Central Europe time (GMT+1), vip_badwater played in EU Standard server
Date: 19/11/2020
Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:41157549
Reason for Ban Request: Insult
Evidence: https://i.imgur.com/oyS8fsf.png
Additional Comments: Aforementioned player (playing as the VIP character) blames the team throughout the game for not knowing how to play, with which I do not have any problem, obviously, since it is an in-game discussion/criticism within the limits of his/her rights although the tone is not appropriate. Some teammates, on the other hand, thinks he is the one to blame since he constantly died with his character. He replies with a statement involving the following phrase of "f*cking pathetic", which could again be OK, since the risky adjective is not directed to a specific person. After this, my reply to him is "We all saw how you died, man.", referring to the player's performance in the game. His reply happens to be the following: "Shut your f*cking mouth, subhuman piece of sh*t." I don't follow up with anything else other than "Ok".
A few rounds later, I play as the VIP in the opposite team of the player. He comments negatively after the round end, althought there was no insult, it is just told here to give a full overview of the context.
I know it may be considered as a very "usual" internet incident, and a relatively "mild" insult in online platforms. But I guess I am not a usual internet person, and I am still frustrated by insults of the people online when I compare this behaviour with how it would really be if the insulting person did not have the comfort of being behind a screen.

Thanks for the report. We will investigate the complaint and make a decision based on our findings.

After reviewing the user's chat logs, they have been issued a 2d warning ban for their language.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48181 Members
(7871 Online 619 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom