The Dreck Problem.

JaneGaming

Not a Noob
Ok, first I have to introduce myself since I very recently made my account. I'm player: JaneGaming (previously HeavilySinful), and I've been playing TF2C on VF4 servers for a few months now (I run on EST so expect my availability to be centered around that time zone) . My TLDR report of the current incident is as follows:
  • Happened in TF2C: VaultF4 - Official [US] Standard
  • 2:00-2:20 AM EST, Wednesday April 13
  • Admin "Dreck The Opossum" Used administrator tools to make themselves invincible, it was blatant during humiliation as they used the demoman dynamite self destruct taunt and survived both that and several shots from RPGs. They suspiciously also survived many instances of extreme damage earlier in the match, and later the player "Shargweek" reported to me that they were backstabbed while they were still in spawn after they also called out dreck's blatant cheating in chat.
Their abuse of their administrator privileges was beyond blatant to several players who were shooting directly at them, Yet Dreck still played oblivious in both voice and text chat. When called out for their blatant cheating, Dreck feigned obliviousness. Along with that, another player; "Bruce Lee's Relative: 'Chin' " stated in voice chat "What are you talking about? are you oblivious? haven't you seen what I've been doing all match? I'm wrecking you guys!" Which caused zero response from Dreck to investigate what potential cheating Chin Meant.

This is not the first time incidents like this have happened, as Dreck appears to have a history with rubbing shoulders with cheaters and trolls. A incident from a few weeks ago I left undocumented shows a suspicious reluctance to have the mention of cheating of any kind in the administration logs while connected to their name. It was a 4 team arena CP match where a yellow scout player was using a auto point capper to instantly dominate points the second they touched them. I had used the in game reporting function to call attention to it (zero abuse of it) and got reprimanded by dreck in VC for my report. They claimed they had "already said they were handling it" when they did not say anything in either text or voice to confirm they were.

Their behavior in this incident was beyond suspicious and very heavily avoided the topic as much as possible. A quick browse through the publicly available Administrator Log shows that, while other admins take actions against cheaters on a regular basis, Dreck rarely ever does, and most of their reports come without context or a "other" category with no elaboration.

Any other administrative staff that can search through the logs and replays from matches that me (JaneGaming/HeavilySinful) And Dreck The Opossum participated in to examine my claims, please do so. I'm going to be honest and fully admit you wont see the nicest messages from me in the chat logs, but comparing my rudeness to literal admin abuse, well there's clearly a more important issue of the two. I'm sticking my neck out here and making myself out to be a even bigger target for Dreck to find some excuse to permaban, so please don't throw my concerns to the side. I will try my best to pull together any possible evidence I can find through old screenshots and recordings, and anyone else who has anything useful please post it here too.

I know my word alone as a player whos only been here a few months who already has a lot of trash talking attached to their name, which is why I implore any other administrator staff to please do their duty and investigate the malpractices of Dreck, who is (as indicated by popular communal sentiment):

VaultF4's Worst TF2C Admin.

Admin "Dreck The Opossum" Used administrator tools to make themselves invincible, it was blatant during humiliation as they used the demoman dynamite self destruct taunt and survived both that and several shots from RPGs.

Invincibility during the post-game humiliation round is a standard supporter perk we offer as thanks to folks that donate to help keep our servers running. Staff do not have permissions to alter invincibility, noclip, etc exactly to prevent the kind of abuse you are describing, and this perk is not something that can be toggled during regular gameplay.

A quick browse through the publicly available Administrator Log shows that, while other admins take actions against cheaters on a regular basis, Dreck rarely ever does, and most of their reports come without context or a "other" category with no elaboration.

Unfortunately you're misinterpreting how the logging and plugins work and are used. Staff don't issue "reports" themselves; they are for regular players to bring things to the attention of staff. Internally and via Sourcebans I can see a number of fairly recent cheat bans by the staff member in question, so I'm not convinced that they "rarely ever do" take action against cheaters.Those bans are filed via the web interface rather than in-game, which means they aren't captured by the logging plugin and won't show up in the administrator log.

The above said if you have details regarding other specific incidents (date, time, server, map, parties involved, etc) please feel free to either reply here or let me (or another senior staff member) know privately if you prefer and I will do my best to look into them. Given limited senior staff resources it's not practical for us to sift through hours of footage without anything to narrow down exactly what we are looking for and when it happened- so without something more tangible than the generally described themes above there isn't a whole lot I can do to investigate your claims.

Round end immunity (AKA Bonus Round Immunity or Humiliation Immunity) has been a staple supporter perk for TF2 community servers for like the last 14 years. Because the humiliation part of the match has no affect on the game (the game has already ended) it's an easy perk to provide for people who support us. From some loose math on our supporters, there's at least 30 paying supporters who have this perk, and this perk is also listed on our MOTD when you join the game.

Funding Progress To Date

VaultF4 on Steam

48189 Members
(6347 Online 429 In-Game)
Join the group
Back
Top Bottom